“Great House, Great Host!”
Review of Heritage House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Heritage House
Ranked #27 of 83 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Tenerife, Spain
“Great House, Great Host!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I could not think of anything at all to criticize, from the excellent welcome to the goodbye everything was spot on. Lynn is extremely welcoming and will make eveything easy and comfortable for you. I still can't get my mind off the delicious breakfast... full english, toast etc. Everything made just how I like it. Our room was lovely and the bath was clean. The location is perfect, close to Falmouth center and train station. I highly recommend this great place.
Thank You for everything & best wishes!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Witney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The best B&B I have stayed at for a long time. Lynne runs a welcoming, friendly, clean and comfortable place to stay. The tea and cake on arrival were very much appreciated after a long journey. Homemade bread for breakfast was also a lovely touch.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The B&B itself was beautifully decorated and cared by Lynn and the personal items such as photos and family mementos added a sense of home to the atmosphere that is often lost in some more commercial establishments. Our room was beautiful and the king size bed was very comfortable. Breakfast each morning was very good and personal(gluten, milk free). We had a great 4 nights, Lynn was very kind and nice. I recommend for everybody, who is coming to visit Falmouth.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at Heritage House for one night with friends. We had the place to ourselves, with no other guests. Lynne was an excellent host, very welcoming, even during communications before we arrived and extremely flexible and accommodating. The little touches of offering to make us a cup of tea as we were getting ready to go out, accompanied by a slice of cake were very appreciated. The breakfast was superb I think we all selected a different cooked breakfast! Nothing was too much trouble. All of the rooms very comfortable, and had everything we needed. Lynne seemed to really enjoy having her guests and it was a real pleasure to meet her and stay in this great very reasonable place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Devon
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have been staying at the Heritage House over a long period of time for varying lengths of stay due to work commitments. Many of my work colleagues have also stayed here. We have nothing but praise for Lynn and the service she has provided for us. Our rooms our lovely and we have an excellent nights rest after a long days work, which I must say we have not in other so called better B AND B we have had to stay in when Heritage House has sadly been fully booked. We are also very grateful that Lynn makes us a packed lunch as we are gone early in the morning and miss the cooked breakfast. I feel this speaks volumes of how kind and accommodating she is . Myself and my colleagues have no hesitation in recommending Heritage House for anyone who wants a clean comfortable and friendly place to stay for what ever the occasion.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Initially, my impression of Heritage House was very positive. We were warmly welcomed by Lynn, who was very helpful and had previously been flexible with check in and out times. My friend and I, who were in Falmouth for a wedding, were impress by the cleanliness of the rooms and satisfied with the available facilities. However, these first impressions were to be short lived. On check out, we were rudely (and wrongly) accused of having a third person staying in the room and told that amendments had been made to our booking and further payments would be required. We were then informed that there was video evidence of the 'third person' leaving the guest house earlier that morning. It is worth noting that the all rooms had been occupied the previous night and to my knowledge we were the only accused. We offered to review the 'evidence' with Lynn which was declined. After arguing for several minutes, she reluctantly stepped down and we left feeling taken aback by the incident. Neither my friend or I felt that we received an even remotely sufficient apology. As a regular guest house user, I have never been spoken to in such a manner. Needless to say, I will be not returning or recommending Heritage House to others.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Emma F
HeritageHouseFal, Owner at Heritage House, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Firstly I would like to thank you for your positive comments, but obviously it is disappointing to receive a review that can potentially harm your business. I always try to accommodate guests requests on arrival and departure times and were happy to be flexible to enable you an early check-in for your afternoon wedding, a late check-out the next day, and also for a late breakfast, which you chose not to take. The person I saw leaving I did not recognise as one of my other guests and wrongly assumed that you had invited a friend to stay in your room. It is not common that guests ‘sneek’ in other guests without my knowing, but during my 25 years in the business, it has happened. As you had not returned until 4am that morning it was a possible situation, especially as the two of you had a room for three persons. On checking, I now know that it was in fact one of the other guests, who previously had gone out, returned for something and then went out again. I did apologise at the time for the misunderstanding and then put my apology in writing to you later that day in an email. I presume, from you writing this review, it is an email you have not read yet.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

i stayed 5 weeks at heritage house for work purposes, lyn was a very good host very freindly and welcoming and a brilliant breakfast i would be sure to stay again if i was ever in that area again very highly recomended

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business