“Amazing service & Food”

Ranked #64 of 80 Falmouth B&B and Inns
plymouth
“Amazing service & Food”
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Ive stayed at Eden Lodge several times over the past few years and have always come away with a smile on my face,the sevice you get from Lyn and Ziggy is well ... the only way it can be decsribed is that they make you feel like family, i use to think i was getting special treatment because we got on so well only to find whilst observing over a period of time that they treat everyone the same.

Hey Eden Lodge isnt the Savoy ! but trust me just like Lyn & Ziggy oozes character !!
a squeaky floor board here a little bit of wall paper peeled back there, so what all part of the character !!

For me this place is all about value for money, and a heated swiming pool thrown in
also if you want it tea and coffee on tap at no extra cost.

I found the rooms to be basic but pleasantly comfortable / functional and certainly clean, if im paying it would not be any other way and im fussy !

Broadband for your laptop if you must.

Breakfast and evening meal 10/10 you cant beat home cooking, Zggy and Lyn take great pride in what they but on the table.

Eden Lodge for me is like one big easy chair and thats what you want after a days work or even better if your on holiday

You might say, well people can come on to this site and write what they like good or bad,
im not a Labourer not that it should matter but work for a well known restoration company and specalize in renovating listed buildings all around the country,so i stay at a lot of places.
So maybe you can judge for your self if im qualified to write this review.

I forgot to mention Falmouth one word WOW !!!! injoy.

I

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Rogerplymouth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I would advise people to stay anywhere but this place, i would have rather slept in the street. I stayed for one night and left early due to the state of the place. The couple who run it are bonkers, however only accentuate the state of the place. Hairs on the bed, no hot water and ancient furniture and peeling wall paper make this place hell on earth. The breakfast in the morning resembled aeroplane food and my wife felt ill for days. We, unlike the experiences of the other negative reviewers did manage to get a room, however i would not wish anyone to stay here. Ziggy and Lynn did not care for our complaints or comments and will allow this place to fall into ruins around them.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
57 Thank 187069Dan82
edenlodge, Owner at Eden Lodge, responded to this review, 17 July 2011
This person never stayed at eden lodge we have had noone stay called dan from Manchester and nobody has left early. This review is totally untrue and i believe it to be of malicious content. I consider that being called bonkers is a defimation of charactor and should not be printed.

Travellers are raving about these Falmouth hotels

Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Title says it all. I have stayed in better hostels on my student days when i travelled around the world. "Hosts" What hosts more like Ghosts. Didnt want to know about very poor cleanthiness in both rooms and facilities. Do not waste you money and enter at your own risk! Best thing about Eden Lodge is closing the door when you leave.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
41 Thank slippytit
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I look forward to returning to the Eden Lodge each week. I love to relax in the pool and find it great. Even I forget my trunks. Then my hosts find a costume for me. Marvelous hostility. Great value. Thanks Lynn offer& Ziggy

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank 1Flash1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Simply the best in Falmouth!
I used to stay at several B & B's in Falmouth before I found Eden Lodge. I've returned there since and have recommended it to many others since for the following reasons:
The hosts are outstandingly friendly, warm, and very easy to get along with, always there to offer you a coffee or tea. They make you feel at home -without being intrusive.

The building is historic, dates back to 16th century, and as a result has an aura of history, yet with comfortable up to date facilities - including indoor swimming pool.

The cost is surprisingly low considering what is being offered. As a 2 * B & B, it could easily be graded 5* with a bit of renovation.

If you want to visit Falmouth, stay in a perfect and sterile room, and have your breakfast in an anonymous fashion, several places like that exist in Falmouth. But if you want to experience Cornwall, feel like you feel truly welcomed, and appreciated, stay among friends in a historic building close to the beach - for a bargain - this is it!

Room Tip: You can also get your laundry done here as well.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank Travel_Afficionado99
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I booked a room for the night as I was visiting friends nearby. As it was last minutes I didn't have to check on here really wish I had. I spoke to Lynn and she booked my room and said I could pay in full when I got there and no deposit was needed. I travelled from Glasgow and finally arrived to be told by a gentleman that they didn't know I was coming and had no record of me. I told him I had spoken to Lynn and booked with her, he then told me that no-one of the name Lynn worked there and they had been full for some time with long term labourers staying and they would never have taken a booking for that week. I rang the number while from reception of the B&B I had booked and low and behold their phone rang to which he told me to get out and I couldn't stay. I left and spent time looking for another B&B I finally got in at Four Seasons just down the road which I have to say was lovely and very accommodating unlike this dump where the owners lie and then throw you out, not a way to run a business you should be ashamed of yourselves!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
98 Thank Dark_angel197802
birmingham
Reviewed 5 June 2011

One of the most pleasant stays i have had at a B&B, largely due to the hostess and hostess who where welcoming, friendly and warm. Always making sure i had everything i needed. clean towels every day. Warm and comfortable rooms with plenty of space and a homely atmosphere. what more could you ask for?

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business