“Poor customer services”
Review of Eden Lodge

Eden Lodge
Ranked #73 of 82 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My wife and i stayed her last weekend. The room was shabby with a toilet with a broken slide door and a shower in the corner of the room. The shower scolded my wife and try as hard as we could no cold water would come out. We were told we could use another shower room down the corridor. This had no lock on the door.

Next morning we went for breakfast. This consisted of scrambled egg, a small pot of cold baked beans and one mushroom cut into 3! Yummy

I asked if we could leave our bags in the hotel until 12 when our train left. At this point a man appeared from nowhere, he said no we couldn't and that we had to leave. He then quoted that some people leave showers on when they left the hotel. He then stated that my wife had done this. I informed him that the shower was broken on our room and that it had scolded my wife. There was no apology. He argued the toss with me saying that the shower was fine and offered to show me he was right, however, he had just thrown us out of the hotel. My wife and i were very upset that she was so rudely accused of something she had not done and that we were not listened too.

This little man obviously has some anger management issues with customer services skills modelled on those of Basil Faulty. I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you enjoy being treated with no respect.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
37  Thank luke m

Reviewed 17 February 2012

We wanted a weekend away in Cornwall and were looking for somewhere that wasn't too expensive and was close to the beach. Eden Lodge was everything we could have wanted. Lynn and Ziggy were excellent hosts, we are walkers and so wanted a particularly early breakfast, which they happily provided when many others may have refused, they made us feel so welcome and relaxed. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The B&B had an excellent location also, being just a 2minute walk from the beach and a charming town. With the added bonus of a swimming pool! We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Dom W
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I recently stayed at the b&b and found it fantastic and great value for money, the rooms were clean, comfortable and cosy, the evening meals and cooked breakfast were done perfectly, and Lynn and ziggy were the perfect hosts and really went the extra mile to make me feel at home and make it a fantastic stay I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Exeterjess
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I arrived for a graduation to find I had been transferred to another hotel due to water leak - no problem, these things happen. However, subsequet communication regarding payment to the other hotel was appauling and having been told my cc had been refunded by Eden Lodge, which it still hasn't, I eventually received a £50 'goodwill' refund still leaving me £55 out of pocket and Eden Lodge only £15 out of pocket! - I'm a reasonable and easy going person but neither myself nor the Manager of the other hotel were impressed with the attitude here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
25  Thank Maggie T
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We arrived on Sunday night after getting lost travelling from South shields at 2am where let i'n by Lynne no problems. Evening meals where great two realy friendly people who coldount help you enough. Would hope to stay there nxt time where i'n Cornwall

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank waynegibson
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Wall paper coming way. Higher standard expected for rating. Needs redecorating. Not impressed

• Stayed: November 2010
14  Thank lealou21
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I booked my parents a double room at the Eden Lodge for my Graduation last year. I was told that there was no need for a deposit to be taken and that we were to pay cash on arrival.

When we got to the B&B we were informed that they had no record of our booking.

We were then left to find another Bed and Breakfast at very short notice on one of the busiest weekends of the year due to the Eden Lodge's incompetence.

After franticly ringing round to find another B&B we found Heritige House which was fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family