“Acceptable place, worth its 2 stars”

Rosslyn Hotel Falmouth
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Rosslyn is officially rated as a 2 star hotel, quite an adequate rating. Our room was clean and rather spacious, and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was quite small and this was the place where you could see that a refurbishment is needed. Breakfast was only ok. The staff were quite friendly though.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 July 2012

We went here last minute as it was a surprise for my wifes birthday.
Didn't expect too much after looking at a few of the reviews but we were pleasently surprised by the friendly manner in which this hotel is run and the breakfast made the weekend.
The bedroom was spotless although the bathroom was a little small but as we did not intend to spend too much time in there no complaints .
The bed was one that dreams were made of as it was so comfortable.
The owners helped us every opportunity and we would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Overall the bedroom was poor. One side of the curtain was hanging down. The 'clean' spare blanket was not in its protective case as stated in the hotel info.
The bathroom was a small addition on one side of the bedroom. The washbasin taps were back to front, the hot one dripped and the cold one was loose. The toilet paper was hard to get at as the holder was too narrow for the roll. Cleaning was not complete as there were long hairs in the bathroom.
The breakfast was good but overall we felt it was a bit expensive for the facilities.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Devonlodges
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Stayed here on buisiness and the whole place needs gutting. It's very old and grubby, especially the bathroom facilities. Would not be suitable to bring back clients to discuss business. Won't be staying there again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Lizi6
Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

I have never written a review of a hotel but this deserves one !
My company booked me into this " hotel " for a week and within 30 seconds I was on the phone to my manager to get me moved. Unfortunatly I had to stay one night.
I stay in hotels all over the UK and Europe and this has to be the worst !
There has been no effort whatsoever at cleaning the room, coffee stained aged drawers, a hair on my pillow, peeling wallpaper, holes in the wall and filthy sink and carpets that obviously haven't been hoovered in a while.
I thought I was walking into a 1940s themed hotel with the decor and furniture.
I don't expect the Ritz but I expect basic standards of cleanliness. Also there was no fire evacuation plans or smoke alarm in the room, I thought this was a legal requirement ?

I have added photographs for you to compare with the hotels website, trust me you DON'T want to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank neil1975
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I booked this hotel through late rooms and is very over priced. I was on business and my husband was with me a break.
When we pulled up out side the first thing we thought was the hotel looked really tired. We went inside to a cold welcome, the man at the desk asked "Name". The room was hardly a double more like a single room with a double bed in it. It's more like a large old fashioned B&B than a hotel. We got woken up at 3am with someone wanting to come in after a night out. I have to say the breakfast was very good. I spoke to the owners in the morning and they were helpful. My advice would be get rid of the cob webs on the front door and tidy up the clutter from the landing.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonsey2
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Nothing fancy but with everything that you may need. Great food and great owners. Very nice people.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business