Lyonesse Guest House
US$182
US$125
US$224
US$316
Anacapri Guest House(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$191
Trelawne Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
US$126
US$123
Hotels.com
Budock Vean Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
US$283
US$251
Priceline
Meudon Hotel(Falmouth)
US$217
All reviewsgranolalemon drizzle cakeb bwarm welcomeamenities includingowners markfabulous homehomely roomfriendly and welcoming hostshomemade jamshome made cakesliving roomhome away from homeother gueststown centreshort break in falmouthfree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Mark and Erica are very friendly and go out of their to make you feel comfortable. They were even happy to provide rice milk and gluten free bread for breakfast (once I requested it), which shows how happy they are to accommodate their guests. You can also have the option of having the breakfast brought to the room which was great as we didn't have to get up and get dressed. The food was good and plentiful.

We had room 3, a double room at the front of the house looking over the garden. The best thing about it was the bed, which was incredibly comfortable and also the sheets and bedding which are good quality, crisp and white. Even the crockery and cutlery are good quality and there is thought and attention to detail gone into the decoration of the room.

We stayed for the August bank holiday and were lucky with the weather. The guest house is in a great location making it easy to walk everywhere and explore Falmouth.

The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable, they need a little updating but Mark and Erica explained they are slowly upgrading all the rooms. The only real downside is that the guest house is situated on quite a busy road and so can get quite noisy. I am a light sleeper so I found that I woke up quite early because it was so light in the morning, it would be better to have darker curtains or black out lining. Having said that my husband slept well and wasn't bothered by this.

I would highly recommend Erica's home made fudge, I bought some home with me and it was so delicious I wish I could have bought more!

I would stay here again but probably request a room at the back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Faced with the task of booking in a party for 6 , I despaired of ever managing the task- a phone call to Mark solved that, I did indeed leave it with him, and he called me back 30 minutes later having sorted it. Mark and Erica's friendliness and helpfulness during our stay, together with a tasty breakfast, comfortable accommodation and tolerance of messy sea kayakers, provided a welcome recovery to our exertions during the day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank babsiep
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I highly recommend the Lyonesse Guest House. Comfortable and well-kept rooms, with a full range of amenities including on-suite bathroom, TV, and tea/coffee making facilities. Our bedroom featured a lovely comfy bed and a hand-painted table and chair set, which we used to sit at and devour our AMAZING home-cooked breakfast each morning!

The atmosphere in the guest house was laid back and relaxed, and Mark and Erica made a real effort to make us feel comfortable and at home. There are an extensive (and pretty impressive) range of books both in the hallway and in the upstairs bathroom, which boast a wide range of titles - fiction/non-fiction, books about Falmouth and Cornwall....the list goes on! So if you are hoping to sit and read on your stay at the Lyonesse, then why not do so in their quiet and sumptuous lounge, with large, sunny bay window?

The Lyonesse Guest House has everything that you need to ensure your Falmouth break is a lovely relaxed one, including fantastic prices that are incredibly reasonable. The guest house is definitely stiff competition for other bed and breakfasts in the area, and we will definitely be choosing the Lyonesse when we are next in Falmouth!

Room Tip: Despite being near a main road, our double room at the back of the house was reasonably quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Georgina B
Reviewed 25 August 2013

well what can i say,friendly hosts,very welcoming.very clean rooms and comfy beds.wonderful to have a full english breakfast served to your room perfect.The guest house is well placed for beaches,town center,pubs,we were able to enjoy the falmouth hotel facilities free of charge too a most unexpected treat.Thanks go to mark and Erica for a truely lovely stay.hope we can visist again some time.Helen poole xx

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I really reccomend this guesthouse for anyone wanting easy access to Falmouth town center and beaches as well as routes to other locations nearby! Despite quite a steep walk back up to the guesthouse, this proved a much needed workout to help burn off too much beer and good food! Mark and Erica are both extremely friendly and welcoming, and offered us some great advice to help us explore the area! We stayed on the top floor of the house and the room was comfortable and well presented, and we very much enjoyed the room service breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family