Having travelled the length and breadth of the UK this year with a teenage son looking at universities, I knew from the first telephone call to book that the vibes were good - Simon & Vanessa are perfect hosts. We couldn't have asked for more - fab rooms, loved the view of the harbour from the single (thanks for upgrading Callum to the larger one). The breakfasts were perfect - hubby happy with full English, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs delish even with Simon cooking the eggs!! Callum enjoyed the pancakes. Your tips for eateries in Falmouth were spot on - town has definitely changed from a view years ago - the influx of uni students has perked things up. And yes Callum has applied to Exeter - Falmouth Campus but we won't need that as an excuse to come and stay again!! Can't wait for the reaction from other son and his girlfriend at Christmas when they open their "Love Bird" box - it was those little touches that made Highcliffe so special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highcliffe is a five star award winning & contemporary B&B in the heart of Falmouth, Cornwall. Fully refurbished: comfy pocket sprung beds, Egyptian cotton linen, huge fluffy bath sheets and powerful showers all add to the experience of staying in one of Highcliffe's rooms which are decorated in a modern & eclectic style. Breakfast features local Cornish produce with a different special everyday. Highcliffe is just a 1 minute stroll to the beach front and a 5 minute stroll to the harbour with an abundance of shops, bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Highcliffe Contemporary Hotel Falmouth
- Highcliffe Contemporary b&b
- Highcliffe Contemporary Bed And Breakfast Falmouth, Cornwall