“stylish, harmonious establishment.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Highcliffe Contemporary Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 83 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 May 2014

wonderful and warm,
we enjoyed the whole stay in Highcliff. In particular, the attention paid by the host, the versatile breakfast with daily changing "special" ... and of course for great change of pace provided the many opportunities in the area.
Thanks again, with greetings also to Indie and the birds
;) Iva & Michel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Simvan, Owner at Highcliffe Contemporary Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and made so much of exploring the area. The birds are doing fine and Indi is too. She's enjoying watching the new guinea pigs endlessly. I hope that you return to Cornwall one day soon with your dog and we can meet on the beach for a dog walk.

There are newer reviews for Highcliffe Contemporary Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 14 May 2014

sorry it took some time to write a review but life been very busy at the moment.anyway it was lovely to saty with you again despite the wind rain and of course the roofer .it didnt spoil my time with you and gave me time to relax and unwind before my busy 9 months at work.also thankyou for drying my clothes when i caught in a 5 minute rain storm.breakfast was fantasic and lovely with the new specials you were trying.cant wait till next year when i will return and hopefully bring some better weather lol.

Room Tip: room 5 was excellent with the new bedding sets the room off
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Paul thank you for taking the time to write us another review. When January arrives I know it won't be long before you come and stay again. It makes that lull after Christmas go away so much quicker. I haven't done the waffles since your visit so maybe I can get that recipee out again before you come in 2015. Like you say, let's hope the weather is kinder to you this year so you actually make it to Jamie Oliver's. See you soon, Vanessa

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is the best B&B/Hotel I have ever stayed in. it is such a pleasure to stay here. The rooms are amazing. The comfort of the beds is outstanding. Its all the little touches that make this place outstanding.
The breakfasts are full of local Cornish produce, the specials are amazing and original. (go for them, as opposed to the standard English).

Simon looks after you so well, he cares!

If you are visiting Falmouth this is the only option.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in particular that you found the beds comfortable....pocket sprung all the way. We hope that you are able to come and stay with us again some day soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

As I was making a quick business trip to Falmouth I decided to break the habit of a lifetime and book a single room - only because they are usually tiny and badly furnished in most B & B's and hotels. At Highview the single room was as described on their web site, in fact much better than I expected and extremely good value at £50. Highcliffe is without a shadow of doubt 5* - not posh or expensive but spotlessly clean, well managed and with quality furnishings. The best of the best in my experience.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's very interesting that you are usually dissapointed by single rooms as this was our experience too before owning a B&B. Rm4 is our budget single and we are always very careful on our website to make sure that it described as such. We are delighted that we have managed to offer a single room that met your criteria. We are also really pleased that you enjoyed other aspects of your stay aswell. It was a delight to have you stay with us and and I hope we meet again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was my first ever B&B experience as usually I stay in hotels, but during my visit, there were no hotels that could take my booking so I went with Highcliffe.

I was greeted by Simon, who runs the B&B and he was extremely polite, helpful & welcoming without being overbearing. He showed me to my room, which was spacious, clean & homely. The facilities were very good & the en-suite bathroom was on par with a lot of hotels I've stayed at in the past.

The biggest win for me, was the option of a breakfast hamper delivered to my room in the morning. This is something you have to order in advance but was the highlight of my stay. I'm not one to rush in the mornings, so being able to order the hamper suited me really well. It arrived at my room and left outside, but with a soft knock on the door, I knew it had arrived. It was filled with yoghurt/ cereal/ fresh orange juice/ fresh milk/ a hot egg/ bacon muffin, some cut up fruit & tea. It was one of the nicest breakfasts I've had in a very long time.

On the morning I did eat breakfast in the communal area, it was friendly, the food was excellent & the service was first class.

I would highly recommend staying there, and I will no doubt be back there soon.

Room Tip: Get the breakfast hamper!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Simvan, Owner at Highcliffe Contemporary Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at Highcliffe. I want to particularily thank you for pointing out your decision to stay your usual choice of a hotel. It's a difficult decision for alot of people and often it is felt that hotels have more to offer. I'm happy that you felt that your stay here didn't make you feel that you missed out. We have lots of hotels in Falmouth which offer day visitors access to their facilities so there's never a need to miss the bar, the pool or restaurants and of of course B&Bs leave you extra money to enjoy those things. I'm also really pleased you enjoyed the Idle Bird breakfast option. We never got up in time to eat breakfast before we had a family so created the breakast in bed picnic for those people like us who for whatever reason, just want to relax. We are always pleased to hear its a success. We are glad you enjoyed Falmouth and we hope we see you next time you visit.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The answer: this is a great B & B. Stylish without pretension, immaculately clean, and yummy breakfasts are some of its great points. Simon and Nessa, the owners, are helpful and friendly but maintain the perfect balance between being too in-your-face and there to help. The view of the harbor from our window was lovely and the location was perfect. We had the best walking weekend and Highcliffe was part of the mix that made it a fab experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about Highcliffe. We are delighted that we helped make your holiday special and really pleased you enjoyed the view from your room. I hope we meet you again someday as it was a pleasure having you here.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Booked this B&B for a long weekend in Falmouth based on the previous 5* reviews and we were not disappointed. From the initial telephone call to make the booking, through to checking out, the service we received was outstanding. Simon and Vanessa, the owners were welcoming and friendly and very knowledgable about the local area, they chatted with, and took an interest in all the guests staying with them, without being intrusive or over bearing.

The property is in a great location, less than 5 minutes walk from the train station, 2 minutes to the sea and 10 minutes to the main High Street. The whole place is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. Lots of nice touches in the room, and the en suite bathroom was lovely. Breakfast was particularly good, we took advantage of the 'idle bird' breakfast in bed option on our first morning which was excellent and a really nice touch, I would definitely recommend this.

The value for money is great and I can't really fault this B&B in any way; I would 100% recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and for pointing out such important considerations such as location and service because they are right up there on the list when new guests are considering which accommodation to choose. Thank you also for staying with us, you were lovely guests and I'm really pleased you enjoyed having a lie in without going hungry. I hope we see you again soon.