“lovely holiday”
Review of Madeira Hotel

Madeira Hotel
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have just come back from a 7 day holiday that was booked through Alfa travel, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, I couldn't fault it. the food was excellent with a choice of 3 alternatives for dinner including a vegetarian dish, also there was a chefs special everyday, it was always well presented and cooked perfectly, the waiters were very polite and also very efficient. The hotel overlooks the sea with lovely views. The bedroom was very clean and tidy with a very modern shower unit..Although I am not much into entertainment all the friends I met on this holiday praised all the artists.. It is very close to all public transport including bus and rail, so it is very easy to see Cornwall without having the hasstle of driving everywhere, and also trying to park and pay parking fees, I went to Plymouth for a day and it cost me £4 return to go to Truro on the train plus £9-50 return from Truro to Plymouth, I am sure that fuel alone would have cost more, I would also recommend Alfa travel for there pleasant and efficient service throughout this holiday...I am one very satisfied customer and my next holiday with this company is already being planned,..Well done leisureplex hotels and Alfa travel...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Dorothy H

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Very nice hotel well situated, overlooking the bay, staff helpful, food & decor good.

Would say this hotel delivers good value for money.bus stop for the town center& bus depot just 3
minutes walk,there is also a railway link from Falmouth to Truro which gives access to most of the West Country.

Room Tip: Room 11 gives a good view, but for a full view of the bay would recommend paying supplement .
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank rob r
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I have recently spent a few nights at the Madeira. upon arrival I was given a really warm welcome. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel reception, lounges, restaurant and room were very clean and tidy. The food was very nice and the service in the restaurant was very good. It issituated on the sea front with the sea just across the road and a view of Pendenis castle. Entertainment every night. I would recommend this hotel for a pleasant holiday break.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank bigjohn2_uk
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights whilst on a Alfa Holidays coach trip in February 2013 with my Mum. The hotel is located on the seafront, 15 mins walk from town. Our room was clean, warm & comfortable (kettle, haridryer & tv in room), the shower was fantastic!! The whole hotel was warm & clean and had a singer in the bar 3 nights & bingo. Reasonably priced, well stocked bar, with pool table. The staff are lovely & friendly. We were on a half board basis (3 course meal in evening) & food was really good and plentiful, good choices available on menu and a good vegetarian selection available. We could not fault the whole holiday or the hotel, overall a great trip and such good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank whitbyabi
Reviewed 26 January 2013

The Madeira hotel is situated in a quiet position on the seafront in Falmouth. It is approximately a 10/15 minute walk to the bottom end of the town centre and the hotel has a bus stop a few minutes walk away for those who wish to travel by public transport.

I felt our stay at the hotel was excellent value for the price we paid, food always hot and plentiful and the choice of menu offered catered for all tastes. Waiting staff always very pleasant and polite and having the same lady serve us each day she got to know ones likes and dislikes for choices for meals such as breakfast.

Room wise although we did not have a sea view room our room was clean with a modern bathroom and shower.

Staff at the hotel are polite and helpful and had time for their guests and entertainment was provided in the evenings for guests ranging from bingo to musical entertainment.

My overall opinion is that the Madeira Hotel delivers a very pleasant stay at an affordable price and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Flicks12
Reviewed 9 December 2012

My husband & I stayed at the Madeira hotel on an Alfa tour in Falmouth this year, apart from the Polish catering staff, the stay was terrible. The waitresses were very polite and helpful but the girl behind reception was totally unhelpful and would just shrug her shoulders at every enquirery. The Alfa lady coach driver Chris was the most rude I have ever encountered, even shouting at us through the coach window, she was constantly cleaning the coach and had no time at all for the passengers, she is clearly in the wrong occupation. The worst part was having to return to our room mid afternoon to find Mr,Price the manager along with another gentleman who I didnt recognise there. His excuse was he was inspecting the quality of the cleaners work, We felt very invaded, we were worried about leaving the room after that and will never travel with Alfa again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Angela196_12
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Stayed at this Falmouth hotel recently on a 5 day break with Alfa Coach Holidays. Although it was a very long and tiring journey we were more than happy with the hotel. Our room was very pleasant and we had really good meals throughout our stay, including the lunch that we had on our free day. The staff were very pleasant and it was nice to see the manager around the hotel. It was our first trip with Alfa and so we didn't know what to expect. We had a really good driver, Ian, and we had two full days out which were enjoyable. Must admit though could quite easily miss out the gold/silver centre and the kingsley village. A trip to Truro would have been good. Now that we have experienced an Alfa coach holiday and one of their hotels we shall certainly try another.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple