“Good bits, not so good bits.”
Review of Oliver's

Oliver's
Ranked #2 of 230 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$15 - US$71
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Good bits, not so good bits.”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Having eaten lunch here two or three times in the past I was looking forward to trying an evening meal. My starter involving asparagus and a poached egg was out of this world and I could happily have eaten it twice over. One of the most delicious starters I've ever had. My pork based main course was very nice though a little uninspiring. However I was really disappointed with the pudding menu. Not a single hot pudding option!

Now ever since I gave up smoking 6 years ago I've become rather partial to a nice hot pudding and most decent restaurants usually indulge my weakness. I am not a massive fan of cold puddings. The sour cherry ice-cream my partner and I ended up ordering was nice though didn't actually taste of sour cherries. The service - though very warm and friendly as ever - was slow. We had to wait ages to catch someone's eye to get the bill.

Maybe it was just a one off and I will certainly try Oliver's again one day but will check the pudding menu beforehand next time...

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sorus

Reading
“Another lovely meal”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We have been visiting Olivers since it opened 4 years ago, and once again it didn't disappoint. Wendy makes a great host and makes us feel welcome every time we visit. We had the Duck and Venison with Panacotta and lemon tart to finish. Looking forward to next Easter...

Visited April 2014
1 Thank rixon
Bristol
“Lovely little find in Falmouth”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

A group of five of us went here for lunch on Saturday 29th March. Set menu was great value and food was amazing, we can recommend the Brie starter and the venison burger. Apparently the menu changes almost daily but there were plenty of options. Nice atmosphere and enjoyed the personal touch of being served by the owner. Would definitely go again but need to book well in advance as it's very popular but few tables.

Hereford, United Kingdom
“Superb food and service”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Unfortunately we only manage to get here about once a year but it is always a wonderful experience and they cope very well with 10 of us.
Service is fantastic and the food divine - cant wait for this years trip

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank robinherefordshire
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Terrific restaurant”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Dined at olivers last Friday evening with my husband and daughter. This is the fourth time that we have been as my daughter is at uni in falmouth. The food is second to none...so fresh and tasty.. And as for Wendy and team ...faultless service at the same time being lovely, friendly and personal. Oh why don't we have something similar in bromley ......

• Visited March 2014