“A very special place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Truro, United Kingdom
“A very special place”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Everything was pretty amazing and is definitely up there on our favourite place to go.
Packed out every night of the week so highly recommend booking well advanced

• Visited June 2014

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have just had a meal at Oliver's the service was very good the chefs wife is lovely and has a warm friendly sense of humour.
Our starter of Cornish scallop was wonderful and a good size portion, very tasty and very well presented. I had theTurbot and my partner the Fillet Steak. Both were very good. Well executed and well presented and very tasty. Good flavour balances and textures.
Desert was a simple but luscious affair. Lemon citrus and meringue. What I liked was the playfulness of the total of the dish and the beautiful taste of citrus was a burst of Sicilian Lemon on the plate.
Good selection of wine. The restaurant is small but the atmosphere makes up for it.
I would strongly recommend a visit if your staying in Falmouth

• Visited July 2014
cambridge
“Great - but don't go here for the view.”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We decided to book Olivers after reading the great reviews it has been getting. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and it has an intimacy due to its small size and the staff were really lovely. The food was excellent (maybe the desserts were the weakest course) and the price very reasonable - especially when dining on scallops and turbot! It has a bistro feel and we would have only a couple of minor criticisms: a table cloth would be a nice touch because however well you wipe down a table it always seems to have a 'sticky' feel; and (we had a window seat) the view across the street is perhaps not the best. Obviously the owners cannot influence this but maybe a screen part way up the window could blot out the less attractive bits.
But still a great experience and we'd definitely go again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank CambridgeSandpiper
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great place for sea food and fish”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I visited Oliver's last year with my Brother as a Birthday treat. He's been there several times and rates this as the best restaurant in Falmouth. Although the place is quite small, the staff make you feel that you've been invited into their house which makes you feel one of the family. I had scallops and orange salad for starter which was sublime. For main I had a type of mediterranean monkfish stew, which again was absolutely delicious and presented beautifully. The dessert was also an absolute cracker - rhubarb done 3 ways........this was one of the best desserts I've ever tasted. It's a pit that it's not a little bigger, as I know it can be difficult to book a table as they're so busy, but this proves that less is often more. This is a must stop place if you're in the Falmouth area, but book well in advance to avoid disappointment. Well done to Oliver's!!!!

• Visited August 2013
Rome, Italy
“Best in Falmouth - small but beautifully formed”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from family meal at Olivers. Turbot and scallops in a wonderful sauce for me, fillet steak in Serrano ham with brie and a red wine gravy for my husband and Tregothan veal for my son. Puddings to die for. The most friendly staff we have experienced. It's a small place so book early. Just got a call as I left my brolly. Wendy says no problem, all safe. We'll definitely be back to collect it soon, and maybe another meal. Don't miss this place. It's the real deal.

1 Thank meribel1