“Absolutely gorgeous”

Price range: US$16 - US$73
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Just happened to be walking past this restaurant around lunchtime. Thanks to tripadvisor the name ran a bell. So glad it did or my partner and I could easily have walked past. We had the 2 courses for £10 lunchtime menu. I had the best tuna melt ever. Absolutely delicious. Starter of thai fishcake and filo prawns also delicious. Partner said his whiting and chips was better than Ricks Steins. (Mind you, until Rick Stein's do something about their frankly embarrassingly awful chips that isn't too difficult). Brilliant value for money and very friendly service. Most memorable meal I've had in a long time.

Reviewed 12 August 2010

Went into Oliver's following its recommendations from tripadvisor, we were in Falmouth for the day so decided to try the lunch menue. The restaurant offers one course for £6.95 or two courses for £9.95. The food served to us was gorgeous, beautifully presented and the staff were welcoming and friendly.We will definately be back to try the evening menu.

Reviewed 9 August 2010

Having lived in Falmouth for 4 years I've visited pretty much all of the (fairly decent selection of) restaurants on offer and had heard that this pace was good after it opened.

Having now visited, I can unequivocally and without a second thought say that this place is the best best best restaurant in town!

Me and my girlfriend came for dinner and have been back three times now. The vegetarian options, (for me) are delicious and original, (no penne pasta here...) The food is gourmet quality without either the price or portion sizes and the service is as friendly and welcoming as you could wish for without being pushy.

Having spent 7 years in London beforehand and being something of a foodie I wouldn't be surprised if this place starts winning awards soon as it beats many of London's finest without pretension.

I was in fact tempted to give it one star just to keep people away it's that good!

One point of advise though: Defiantly book in advance as a walk-in is not likely.

Reviewed 6 August 2010

Having lived and grown up in Cornwall I've eating in quite a few places but it was only when a friend was visiting and we were looking for somewhere for lunch that we stumbled across Oliver's and we were absolutely blown away by the quality and the price... and the lovely (but slightly eccentric restaurateur). Definitely a hidden gem... although perhaps not for much longer...

Reviewed 21 July 2010

I had lunch at Olivers today and was just delighted with the delicious, fresh, beautifully cooked and presented food. It makes such a change to eat somewhere where the chef (Kenny) clearly understands about flavours, has total confidence in the ingredients and his cooking. This just shone through. Wendy was a superb host and I could not fault the experience. I will definitely be back!