“Fantastic!”

Ranked #1 of 233 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Locally, daily caught shellfish served in a relaxed and very friendly atmosphere.Customer service and enjoyment are our priorities open from 6.00Pm - 9.00Pm Wednesday-saturday
Reviewed 26 August 2011

What a lovely little place this is. We saw the reviews on trip advisor and had to try. The food was delicious - a shell fish feast of Scallops, brown crab, prawns, & mussels with a side order of fries . Between the four of us, two adults & two children (8 and 2). We finished everything. How gready we must have seemed.
We highly recommend coming here if you love shell fish. The previous reviews were absolutely right!

1  Thank Cheekyfamily

Reviewed 26 August 2011

I never write these reviews...however...having had SUCH a FANTASTIC experience at The Wheelhouse I felt compelled to add to its glowing reviews! We went for a family celebration - my sons 18th Birthday. Eight of us ranging from 12 to 78!...we all Love seafood and this was definitely rated as the best we have all ever eaten....superb in every way...suculent Scallops, stunning muscles, giant crabs and heavenly prawns! They have got it all 'just right'...a relaxed atmosphere and really simple choices, wonderfully quirky presentation...and the price! ... But more than that ...the friendliest owners and staff I have ever met....nothing was too much trouble and they made the whole experience exceeded our expectations! We all felt that it was such a special evening....so thankyou to Matt & Tina ! ...you have created something very special at the Wheelhouse....just perfect!

1  Thank Surridges
Reviewed 21 August 2011

“Brilliant Feast!”

20 Aug 2011 HappyBuckinghamshire
Just back from our holiday to Cornwall and felt I had to write a review about The Wheel House - I booked this restaurant 2 weeks before we went having read the previous reviews - jolly glad I did as we would never have got in and experienced this fantastic restaurant!
Lovely restaurant/ambiance, brilliant shellfish and wine, attentive staff - all in all a fantastic night to remember had by myself, husband and two sons aged 13 & 15.

2  Thank HappyBuckinghamshire
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We

Reviewed 18 August 2011

Out of everywhere we ate on our Cornwall trip (and we ate in some pretty nice places!) - this was without doubt the favourite.

As others have said, if you don't like seafood, don't go (as they literally don't do anything else!), but if you do you are in for a treat! It really is like eating in someone's house - its so small and intimate, with mismatched crockery and candles on the tables.

Everything we had was divine, and brilliant value for money considering the quality (and quantity!) of the food. The wine list (red, white or fizzy) made us laugh, but the wine itself was actually very decent, and the sauvingnon blanc we had was a perfect match for the food. We had prawns, scallops and a spider crab - all amazing, the scallops especially were spectacular.

An absolue gem - so glad we found this on trip advisor! Book early though, as they only open Wednesday to Saturday 6-9 and with only 8 tables they fill up pretty fast!

1  Thank becky23477