“Seafood worth travelling for”

Hooked on the Rocks
Ranked #28 of 244 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$20 - US$42
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are open after a busy winter of refurbishment and are so proud to open our doors and show you our new look! We now have a brand new kitchen and a warmer richer colour palette to frame the outstanding view over looking Swanpool Beach, Falmouth. The restaurant is a more luxiourious space with rich hues, fabulous velvet teal chairs more intimate booth seating as well as a group dining area that is perfect for those family and friend get togethers! Our menu is locally sourced, sustainable wherever possible using the freshest Cornish produce with inspiration taken from the rugged Cornish coastline surrounding the restaurant.
Reviewed 3 April 2011

I took my husband here for a birthday treat and we had a fantastic meal. The location is perfect - the views out over the ocean are breathtaking. Service is excellent - the waitresses couldnt have been more helpful. The menu is obviously fish based but there were options for vegetarians and dedicated carnivores. I chose the mussel and clam chowder which was delicious and it came with freshly baked tomato and olive foccacis and my husband opted for smoked haddock on asparagus with a poached egg and a mustard beurre blanc - he practically licked the plate! Our mains were the thai seafood curry loaded with monkfish, mussels, squid and plump prawns and I went for the seafood operetta - red mullet, scallops, mussels, sqid and prawns in a tomato and saffron broth. Both dishes came with a generous portion of rosemary and sea salt foccacia. The dessert menu was very tempting but in the end we opted for a palate cleansing We had drinks on arrival and a bottle of chenin blanc and the bill came to £79 - not bad considering the amount of fish we had eaten. I caant wait to find another excuse to go again.

1  Thank averillj

Reviewed 28 November 2010

We went here on a whim (Google Maps, looking for places near where we were staying) and were blown away by the quality of the food. Would have been nice to go in the day, it was dark by the time we arrived but the staff were welcoming and the food was exquisite. Both had scallops to start with, then I had the Sea Bass and my partner the Cod (which was lovely but not as nice as the bass!). Some of the best fish I've ever had, we went to Rick Stein's Bistro in Padstow the day before and this was better (and better value). Excellent wine list as well and staff were knowledgeable and efficient. Wonderful!

Reviewed 28 October 2010

This restaurant is best visited in the daytime due to its stunning location. However I ate here during the evening and it was dark but it had a warm ambiance. A good menu not too big. I ate the fish & chips which included chips and peas, it was very good. Ordering another meal would have involved paying extra for vegetables. I would expect the staff to be more knowledegable about things like what fish is in the curry for example.

Reviewed 28 October 2010

Having had a great experience at the Truro Indaba restaurant I was aware of their location "by the beach" but must confess we had not ventured into Falmouth until just recently. Open since March I was not disappointed.
I got stuck into a huge crab which came highly recommended by the welcoming staff and nothing was too much trouble for the Chef who knocked up a special meal for my girlfriend who is not a lover of fish.
She had the Goan Curry supplemented with Chicken which she loved. The service was attentive without being overbearing. Would happily recommend.

Reviewed 17 October 2010

Went to Cornwall for the Oyster festival this week and enjoyed it very much and by chance stumbled on this Beachside restaurant outside Falmouth and had a fantastic meal. Why were you not at the festival you are leaps ahead of some others there? There varied array of fish and Seafood was exceptional and the service was spot on. Decor is tastefully done without being Twee or in you face. We were greeted and looked after throughout the evening and never felt rushed to go.