“Highly Recommended.”

Price range: US$15 - US$43
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A hidden rural restaurant located on the edge of disused quarry workings on the Penryn to Gweek road in the North Helford Zone, Cornwall. Come along and enjoy THE WAYMARKER'S freshly prepared lunchtime meals & drinks with unparralelled seclusion & tranquility. Sit back and take in the surrounding nature with uninterrupted views across our pond and varied tree-scape. With the benefit of fully disabled accessibility and facilities everyone can come along to enjoy our venue. FREE Wi-Fi/Fully Licenced/Activity & Nature Trails/Off-Road Parking.Our Mission at The Waymarker is to combine our peaceful surroundings with the abundant high-quality local produce and our homemade-quality cooking to provide great refreshment for both mind and soul.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed nearby and had our first (and best) meal in Cornwall here, Beautiful food in a lovely, relaxed setting with very friendly service. So good, we returned again and found the food and service was just as good on our second visit. From a personal point of view, I prefer to eat a little later than the 6pm closing, although I believe The Waymarker stays open later at weekends, We will definitely return when we're next in Cornwall.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This restaurant does amazing cream teas. The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. We phoned in advance as we were looking for somewhere we could go with our dog to get out of the rain! They were more than happy for us to bring him and have a covered area outside. The service was excellent and the cream tea was amazing. All in all, an extremely enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had the most wonderful cream tea here. A choice of scones and served on Cornish slate cake stand, with fresh fruit garnish......definitely the best of the 6 we had in different places during our holiday. It was so good we returned for dinner on our last night and the food was delicious. The staff are so welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. My 5 year old loved the tree house and play area. Would highly recommend a visit, would go out of my way to go there next year!!! Fabulous gem of a eating place!!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My friend promised us a cream tea before we left Falmouth and he read the good reviews for The Waymarker and decided to take us there. I'm so glad he did, it was a wonderful find. The setting was lovely, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the coffee was good. We sat outside because it was a sunny day but there was also seating undercover or indoors in the restaurant.

We arrived at lunch time and decided to order 4 of the roast meals, I was pleased to find a vegetarian option on the menu so I was able to have a roast too (stuffed aubergine). It was very tasty, the rest of the group ordered the meat roasts and they thoroughly enjoyed those too.

I was pleased that my friend decided that we should have the cream tea for dessert. The warm scones were beautifully presented with fresh fruit laid out decoratively on a cake stand and fruit coulis drizzled on the stand with pots of cream and jam on the top layer of the stand. The scones tasted like they were fresh from the oven and not the microwave. I've never seen a cream tea look so pretty.

I will definitely come back the next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for only the second time today although we are local we have only just discovered this little place. The cram teas are AMAZING!! and living in Cornwall we have had quite a few! The scones were delicious and came with a good amount of cram and jam. The presentation was lovely with a decoration of berries. The lady who served us was very welcoming and friendly. We will be definitely be visiting again for another cram tea m