“Amazing”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Such a great place with relaxing atmosphere! Highly recommend!

The place is beautifully design, like back to Thailand :)

There are newer reviews for The Thai Orchid

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We enjoyed the surroundings very much and although the seating was a bit "tight" we were happy to enjoy the inventive décor and the overall experience . The service was very good and we really enjoyed the food. The environment is quite romantic and although I am too old for that sort of stuff I would heartily recommend it.

1  Thank glyn l
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We went to thai orchid for a family meal choosing set price menus for 4 people,starters were fresh, delicious and consumed within 5 minutes,and great choice of main meal dishes with generous portions all tasting fresh and cooked to oder.Very attentive and friendly staff, a wonderful decor , feel like you just don't want to leave the palce as it feels you are on holiday.Definetly my family enjoyed a whole new experinece -their first thai food tasting.So we will be back no doubt to try new dishes as the choice is varied and great.

1  Thank crazyfr0g1
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have been to The Thai Orchid a few times already and I have never been disappointed! I usually go there with my friends and all of them say just good words about this place. Food is amazing! Everythime I order something different because everything is worthy tasting! The design inside is amazing! After first step after door I feel like I am in Thailand! Service is really good, stuff in the restaurant is so friendly! Food is always ready literally in a few minutes which is amazing, because even if you want to pop in to have something quickly to eat, it will be really quickly served and it will be the most delicious food you have ever had! I can't say any bad word about this place, the only thing I can do is to recommend The Thai Orchid!!

1  Thank Damian M
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had a set price menu for two at £17.95 each. The mixed starter dish was average, rather dry spring rolls (probably out of the microwave) and chicken on a stick, which was not very good quality. The mains - green curry, pork and ginger and a prawn dish were all very nicely spiced yummy tastes, my friend loved the green curry but the quality of the meat and the prawns was poor. I felt rather uncomfortable eating the chicken, which was both slimy and overcooked. The ambience in the restaurant makes for an authentic feel, with low raffia ceilings and lots of Thai statues etc around, but we found the seating uncomfortable, and too far from the table (you cannot move the seats) The service was fine, though nothing personalised about it. The loos could really do with some attention. I think they were clean but it is so long since they have been painted or updated that they give the feeling that they are not. I would not be in a hurry to rush back here. This is a pity as Falmouth really needs a good quality Asian restaurant, of which I am a great fan.