“It felt and smelt like Thailand”
Review of The Thai Orchid

The Thai Orchid
Ranked #43 of 231 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
St Albans, United Kingdom
“It felt and smelt like Thailand”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

After looking around Falmouth for somewhere to eat on our second night in the town, we found the Thai Orchid (almost opposite the Da Vinci where we ate the first night = awful meal).
What a difference. It felt like Thailand and it smelt like Thailand - lovely.
We sank into our seats at a cosy table and the starters were great. Better still our main course was just a good and the service excellent. We ended up settling back and finishing our lovely bottle of Rioja.
Thank you for a good evening.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank samcottingham

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Value for money! Good Food! Brilliant Service!!!!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This month I was back in Falmouth and visited one of my favourite restaurant in town Thai Orchid again. Nothing was changed, was Greeted by smiling and friendly Staff like my Previous Visit Cheers guys! I think quality has improved more and they have refurbished the place so atmosphere was Great and reminded me my days back in Thailand. Service eas excellent as usual and they have added variety of other Thai foods which were mouth watering!!! Yummy!!! Overall what else you could say about a restaurant with Great authentic Food, Service and atmosphere? i am gonna stop here now otherwise i would have to go back again to Falmouth and straight to Thai Orchid! I would definetly recommend every one to visit and give a try you wouldn't be dissapointed!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank robs1976
“Amazing”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Such a great place with relaxing atmosphere! Highly recommend!

The place is beautifully design, like back to Thailand :)

fareham
“Very Enjoyable Ambience”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We enjoyed the surroundings very much and although the seating was a bit "tight" we were happy to enjoy the inventive décor and the overall experience . The service was very good and we really enjoyed the food. The environment is quite romantic and although I am too old for that sort of stuff I would heartily recommend it.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank glyn l
Falmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderfully fingerlickingly delicious Thai food”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We went to thai orchid for a family meal choosing set price menus for 4 people,starters were fresh, delicious and consumed within 5 minutes,and great choice of main meal dishes with generous portions all tasting fresh and cooked to oder.Very attentive and friendly staff, a wonderful decor , feel like you just don't want to leave the palce as it feels you are on holiday.Definetly my family enjoyed a whole new experinece -their first thai food tasting.So we will be back no doubt to try new dishes as the choice is varied and great.

• Visited May 2013