“Nice view, but not very personable”
Review of Pasty Face

Pasty Face
Ranked #187 of 244 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 25 February 2013

It may just be me, but when I go out for a little treat, coffee and cake on a rainy day or something, I like a cosy atmosphere. The lady who served me was lovely, but, it seemed to be her boss, seemed to always be judging everyone who came in - probably not but that's the impression I got so I wasn't in the most comfortable environment. The view was lovely, a tad pricey for what it is. Not a bad experience, I suppose I just like a personable service and chatty staff members. My boyfriend said his lemon and (blueberries? dried fruit? not sure!) cake was really nice though and we just chatted away to the sound of the wind outside and the view of the marina!

Reviewed 7 February 2013

This cafe was a nice find, with good food at a reasonable price. Friendly staff, very clean relaxing place, would highly recommend to others.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I'm a Cornishman living in Falmouth and have done all my life. I tried a pasty from here a couple years ago when they first opened. One bite was more than enough. I had put it down to being a new business. I tried another one a couple of weeks ago and managed two bites. Not freshly made and not cooked properly the first time round has made for a very very poor result. It's a shame that a business like this can ruin something that represents a great Cornish traditional meal.

1  Thank ralphie75
Reviewed 24 November 2012

At first glance, this seemed like a lovely little place to stop for a much-needed pasty and tea after the long drive down to Falmouth. Unfortunately, both pasties were disgusting - as other reviewers have said, strangely managing to lack all flavour! The service was curt, and then we were treated to hearing one member of staff loudly talking about his relationship problems as we ate. Luckily I always carry tissues in my bag, as there was no loo roll in the toilet. The only plus side was the view of the harbour. Would not recommend eating here!

1  Thank Persephone_Sussex
Reviewed 1 November 2012

looked ok from outside, but was pouring with rain !!!
We were under pressure to order even though we were the only people being served, very limited menu and prices were above average. I had a pork and apple pasty that had no taste whatsoever.
My children shared a very average bacon sandwich looked microwaved !,,,
We were offered seating upstairs that resembled a broom cupboard but seeing as we had paid it was difficult to leave. Upon leaving we were totally ignored and walked back out into the pouring rain feeling why did we enter this establishment.
Would avoid at all costs....

1  Thank sean c