“Next time I will make sure I scheck trip advisor before booking”

Park Grove Hotel - Falmouth
Park Grove Hotel - Falmouth
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
West Midlands
“Next time I will make sure I scheck trip advisor before booking”
Reviewed 24 September 2009

I really wish I'd read these reviews before staying that Park Grove. I agree with pretty much everyone has said.

The staff were warm and very helpful, but the standard of the hotel and its facilities did not meet my expectation given the price for the room and what I had seen on the hotel's website.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lulubelle77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London
Reviewed 20 September 2009

We stayed at the Park Grove Hotel for two nights as we were in Falmouth to attend a wedding. Although the staff were generally friendly and the hotel is clean, the rooms do not justify the £84 per night rate. After refusing the first room we were offered due to noise from the main road we accepted a room at the top of the hotel - it was more of a corridor than a room with 70s style fittings, a tiny bathroom, pink bed linen that smelt of grandma's pot pourri and uncomfortably soft beds. It was a good job we only really needed a place to crash after a wedding as this would have been even more disappointing for a short break or holiday.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DandNLondon

Travellers are raving about these Falmouth hotels

Liverpool UK.
Reviewed 11 July 2009

The service was out of this world!! Ian (manager) went out of his way and waited for us to checkin just before midnight, of which I think it was a very kind gesture, much appreciated by ourselves. For starters, driving into the car park was a nightmare as the space was so cramped it was unbeleivable. I had to park in an angle, and still I was blocking a couple of cars!!, It's good if you drive a Smart for two car but if you drive a gas guzzling Audi Q7, then forget it!!. The entrance hall was off putting strightaway as soon as we stepped in, we felt like we were visiting some grandmother in a nursing home (I actually think the place was designed or has been used as one in the past!!) The place was clean definitely but everything you direct your naked eye to was out of date, funiture, deco, just everything, definitely could do with some serious facelift!!. As for our room, in the loft!! It was a matter of a couple of flights of stairs to reach the bedroom, no lift access, which meant I had to carry the baby and make few more trips outside to offload more stuff, as we were travelling with our 5 month old daughter, and infact, though clearly stated in the booking that we had a baby on tow, the manager did'nt know that we were going to stay with a small baby!! infact the booking was right infront of him! He asked if we had a travelling cot and we just said yes, to avoiv further inconvenience as he already waited for us for that long. The room was in the loft and definitely not suitable for myself, as I'm well over 6ft!! We went inside the room and we just looked at each other in disbeleif!! Our bedroom back at home is way far a five or six star quality compared to that. The room was so tiny, Only a cramped ensuite shower available, no bath (how are we suppose to wash the baby??), and the pink bedding!! Urrrggggg!!. I never slept very well as I had to be up to move the car before anyone scratches it. Infact it's not a carpark but some makeshift back garden that just didn't fit the standard of a designated car park. My Mrs could not even get down those stairs in the morning, considering the sweat that would pour out of her face with her muscara dribbling all over her face, and ladies you might as well leave your Cristian Louboutins at home, there's some serious stairs to be done, if you unlucky to have been allocated a Loft located room. The house keeping staff were so friendly and they actually got us a travellers cot the second night (we stayed there only because we could'nt get any kid friendly place in St Ives!!), Parking the next day was impossible and we had to do with street parking. Thanks to Ian and staff for the friendly service but I'm sorry your place could do with serious Tender loving care, and most definitely WE WON'T BE BACK!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank ndumiso3
Krefeld
Reviewed 4 July 2009

Booked this hotel, because of the website looks promising.

Instead it's disappointing. Poor rooms, poor breakfast quality.

Indeed their website is a good fake.

But, to mention something positive, it's clean and just 5 minutes walk away from the centre.

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oct69
London
Reviewed 7 June 2009

I haven't seen "Chilled Fruit Juice" on a menu for years - but that was one of the starters on the dinner menu at Park Grove. The rest of the menu was equally 70s-throwback awful so we ate dinner at a perfectly fine pizza/pasta joint a few minutes down the road instead.

But the dinner menu was by far the worst thing about the hotel, and the rest of our experience was fine.

I booked one night's accommodation for myself, my wife and children (4 and 7) at the end of May. The cost was very reasonable (£90 B&B). Booking over the phone was efficient and friendly.

There is a small car park behind the hotel, into which we squeezed our car. A friendly member of staff showed us to our clean and perfectly adequate family room on the top floor. We ate a very good breakfast in the hotel - served, again, by a very friendly member of staff.

I would stay here again. It's far from being a top class hotel but it is cheap, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Urban_Winter
Surrey, UK.
Reviewed 18 May 2009

We booked our 3-night half-board stay by email - promptly dealt with. They requested a £60 deposit, non-refundable, whatever notice given.

The hotel is located on Kimberley Park Road, which turns out to be pretty much the main access street into Falmouth Centre, a busy road (see photo). Across the road is Kimberley Park itself, which means the front/road-side rooms have a very nice view. It's about a 10-minute stroll down the hill to the centre of Falmouth, harbour, etc. We thought the location was excellent. The hotel itself is in good, but not excellent, condition; it needs some attention here and there. It has its own car park, but the number of spaces is insufficient if the hotel is full.

We had a 'superior' room and we thought it was nice - quite large, with one double bed and one single, and with a nice bay window with squishy chairs from which you can overlook the park. The state of decor was OK - although, inevitably it seems, for this genre of hotel, the window frames had peeling paint! The ensuite shower room was very small, but the facilities themselves were OK. There are tea/coffee facilities, and a comprehensive digital tv service.

We were apprehensive about traffic noise, given the proximity of the street immediately in front and given also the absence of any double-glazing but, in the event, we did not have undue trouble with this - late-night traffic was very light.

We took breakfast and dinner in the hotel's dining room and we were very pleased with the meals we had - a good breakfast was served and the evening menu was very good, indeed, both in range and quality, better than we had been expecting for a 2-star hotel.

The lady and gentleman who run the place were very friendly and helpful, a personal service which, for us, makes this type of hotel appealing.

We enjoyed our stay here - it was comfortable, convivial and very handy for the centre or Falmouth.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Capelle
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 6 August 2008

I contacted this hotel to pre-book some rooms for my upcoming wedding - the guy told me that they currently had zero bookings on those days and then politely told me that he would not let me book out his full hotel for my guests in case other people ring up wanting a room??? November in Cornwall...if I was him I would take the upfront payment and guaranteed business. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

Stayed August 2008