“Superb!”
Review of The Rosemary

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Falmouth
The Rosemary
Ranked #22 of 82 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Colchester
“Superb!”
Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed for two nights as part of a wedding party and we had 3 doubles and a single booked. The welcome was superb, with tea and cake offered in the wonderful garden, the guest sitting room, and both went down well! We were then given a full interesting brief of the premises etc and then helped with routes etc for the next day and how to get to the wedding hotel. Malcolm offered to carry our cases up but we declined as I feel i really do feel younger than I look. All of us loved the rooms, just what we were after, spacious, spotless and comfortable. Breakfast was scrumptious and served with local produce. All in all a lovely place, great hosts and helpful staff. The stay was rounded off by the generosity of Malcolm by giving my sister a single room rate as her husband had been called away on business at very short notice and she had a double for the weekend. Don't hesitate......... Book it!

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KPB1954

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lynton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2012

stayed two nights at the Rosemary on arrival we had tea and cake in the garden which was much appreciated,the rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable with nice quality toiletries,breakfast was good, great location we were in walking distance of shops and restaurants,great place to stay

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judith H
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We booked the Rosemary after previously staying at a hotel with a spa. My wife could still use a spa elsewhere but we found our room to be far more spacious than the hotel with great views and facilities. Malcolm and Linda could not have been kinder to us. Breakfast was great and the other guests were all happy to be there. I arrived back on Saturday night with a whole load of very wet sea kayaking gear. They were only too helpful and allowed me to discretely festoon the garden. We would highly recommend them and would not want to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask their advice
1 Thank John P
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We booked The Rosemary - also relying on recommendations of Trip Advisor. The photos on their website are not exaggerated. The room we had with sea view was spacious, airy and had a very comfortable oversized king bed. The bathroom too was big with fluffy towels. Maybe the only downside was the very low water pressure of the shower. But since they have a Green Award, we guessed it was because of saving water. The location is great, everything was within walking distance. Parking could maybe be a problem during high season since you have to park on the street. Overall, our expectations were met.

3 Thank Leila S
Warfield, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Rosemary over the Jubilee weekend. After a 9 hour car journey there, we were greeted by tea and chocolate cake in the lounge. A much welcome treat from Linda! We had room 8 at the top of the house, with views of the beach. A lovely room, with all we needed for our stay. The fresh milk for drinks was a lovely touch. The girls at breakfast were very welcoming and attentive, and we enjoyed a delicious spread. I can recommend the Cornish Nevek, an alternative to Baileys, stocked in the bar. Also, a great location with a 5 min walk to the harbour, and a 5 min walk to the beach in the othr direction. Overall a lovely stay in a well run, and very welcoming B & B, thank you!

2 Thank Ellie G
Worthing
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Having booked in at The Rosemary at relatively short notice I was very impressed with all aspects of the accomodation. I have stayed in several of the supposedly grander establishments in Falmouth but The Rosemary surpassed them. The bed was very comfortable, no complaints from my back. As in previous reviews the toiletries supplied were of high standard to the extent I have tracked them down and bought some for home.The rooms I stayed in were decorated to a high standard and kept clean and fresh. there were plenty of propor hangers not ones you have to wrestle with. The refreshments provided in the room gave plenty of choice for hot drinks and in the evening the fresh milk in the cool jug was an added bonus.
Breakfast was consistently very good with plenty of options. I especially enjoyed sitting in the garden with my tea after finishing eating, there is a seat at the end of the garden that overlooks the beach/bay and a patio area with table and chairs nearer the house. I was very fortunate that the week I stayed there was the heatwave so unexpectedly hot all week.
The new owners Linda and Malcom were perfect hosts, there when needed but not intrusive at all.They even put my easter eggs in the cold store so they did not melt !!
I was amazed when they said they had only taken over a few weeks earlier, everything appeared to be running very smoothly. When I asked to stay an extra night a room was found and I was moved with no problem at all. I had single occupancy of the family suite for the first 4 nights, beautiful sea views, then a large double room on the top floor which overlooked the street, a very quiet road, but probably a nicer room .
It is convienient for both the town,,5 minutes to the main shopping street and national maritime Square,, then an easy walk to Gyllingvase beach and round the headland to Maenporth which has a great cafe on the beach.
I would have no hesitation in staying here again and have already recommended it to other friends who visit the area.
I wish Linda and Malcom every sucess with thier new venture.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo