Arranged as a group from work. We normally do this Alternative New Year party at the Falmouth Beach - which burned down and is now flattened!
All in all it was a really good event in a nice hotel. The beach and seaside theme throughout makes it bright and clean. We've stayed there before, and room decor and furnishings had felt a bit tired and jaded but this time all seemed to have been refreshed.
We'd extended our one night stay to two, having the earlier day and evening to spend with relatives who live and work in Falmouth (so we are regular visitors). Our standard room was in the Captain's House next to the main hotel. It was lovely, with an entrance lobby with the large bathroom and bedroom through separate doors. Because of the flattening of the Falmouth Beach hotel we had a fantastic sea view which exceeded our expectations for a standard room.
The food, service and music for the party was great. Just a couple of points for the hotels consideration if they intend continuing with this type of event. The long narrow tables don't work as well as round ones would. Also, the table was set for six aside, but that was really pushing it on comfort. The two on the open end where only able to sit half in front of their place settings, and half in the gangway. Five aside- if they have to belong narrow tables - would have been perfect. Obviously, round tables overcome the elbow room issue and the 'out on the end' issue too making for a better social experience.
I agree with all that has been said about breakfast. Long waits for tea and coffee, lukewarm food, cold plates (had been hot on the first morning we were there, but seemed volume overcame quality on second morning). Generally got the impression that breakfast team were under pressure that they weren't used to! Perhaps the hotel might consider extending breakfast time to overcome the 9-9:30 rush which always seems to happen.
So whilst I give a Very Good assessment, if these few things were sorted they would have got an excellent. So, if you are staying outside of the party season, you may feel you can disregard my 'issues'. I must add that I had no complaint about breakfast on previous stays, so assume it is the volume of 'late' breakfast arrivals that they need to sort out, again if they intend to continue to take advantage of the party market.
We will return and look forward to seeing some of the finishing touches ironed out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in tranquil gardens, overlooking Gyllyngvase Beach and a short walk from Falmouth town centre. Award winning Health Club & Spa, featuring ESPA treatments. Indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms. Flying Fish Restaurant, specialising in locally sourced cuisine, with relaxing bar and lounge. Business facilities, including meeting and event spaces. Comfortable rooms, featuring free WiFi. Family Rooms and extensive guest activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, seekda GmbH, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotel.de, HRS and TravelUp so you can book your St Michael's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Michael`s Hotel And Spa
- St Michael`s Hotel Falmouth
- St Michaels Hotel & Spa
- St Michaels Spa Falmouth
- St Michaels Falmouth
- St Michael's Hotel & Spa Falmouth, Cornwall