I stayed at St Michael's recently with my two sisters to celebrate my older sister's 40th Birthday. I have a few comments to make - things that would really have made our stay much more enjoyable had we been given the information.
We were not told that spa treatments should be booked before our stay and so on our arrival we found that there were no appointments available for the whole weekend which was really such a disappointment because that's one of the main things that we wanted to do.
We hadn't booked treatments in advance because we thought that a weekend in January would be quiet. It really would have been very helpful if the staff when I booked had informed me of the need to book treatments. We then tried to just go and use the pool and sauna and were told that it was too busy and we would have to try again another time. So in the rain and the dark we resorted to wandering about in Falmouth while we killed time before dinner - not at all what we had planned.
Another disappointment was that I had informed the reception staff that the reason for our visit was the 40th birthday celebration - there was no mention of this on our arrival - it would have been nice for my sister to have felt the occasion was acknowledged by the hotel staff and that they were aware that it was a special celebration for us. It's little things like that that make a huge difference.
Staff were very off-hand. The whole booking process I found quite irritating, I think I called 3 times before I managed to successfully book our rooms, people didn't phone back when they said they would and I found it hard to understand the different packages and room types as they were not at all well explained to me.
On a positive note, the rooms are cosy and clean and the food was lovely - we really enjoyed our dinner and the breakfast was delicious. It's just a shame that the whole 'spa' element of our weekend didn't happen - it's not often that we get to go away together without our children. I said when I booked that we wanted to use the spa - could you make sure your staff advise people about busy periods and the need to book treatments so other people are not disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in tranquil gardens, overlooking Gyllyngvase Beach and a short walk from Falmouth town centre. Award winning Health Club & Spa, featuring ESPA treatments. Indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms. Flying Fish Restaurant, specialising in locally sourced cuisine, with relaxing bar and lounge. Business facilities, including meeting and event spaces. Comfortable rooms, featuring free WiFi. Family Rooms and extensive guest activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, seekda GmbH, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your St Michael's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Michael`s Hotel And Spa
- St Michael`s Hotel Falmouth
- St Michaels Spa Falmouth
- St Michaels Hotel & Spa
- St Michaels Falmouth
- St Michael's Hotel & Spa Falmouth, Cornwall