“Lovely,fresh and clean!”

St Michael's Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Only stayed one night but was given an upgrade to a huge room over looking the sea !
Everything was wonderful, the bed was sooo comfy shame we had an early start! Bathroom very nice and the products were very welcome.
Breakfast was very good,something for everyone, a full menu to choose from! Staff were very friendly and happy!
We did use the pool and spa but a little crowded as it was "tots time" when we went,but were told about it and decided to swim anyway.
The only down side was the parking..........not enough spaces.

Room Tip: Room 20 was very quiet and had wonderful views
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
StMichaelsHotel, Manager at St Michael's Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

What a lovely review, thank you very much. It is always nice to get such lovely comments from our guests. We have to agree, our beds are beyond comfy!

We do look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully for a few days longer!

Kind regards.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Sent valentines weekend here. What a great place...hotel as been revamped over the past couple of years and looks lovely. Comfy sofas for pre dinner drinks or coffee and relaxation time. We were really surprised to get a room with a superb sea view, having only booked a standard room.
2 slight complaints...our request for breakfast in bed was not taken (they collect your card from outside your room at 1am) ours was still there in the morning having put it out at 11pm. also we only had a choice of the valentines set menu and my partner had his heart set on a steak:(. My spa treatment was lovely..as always..breakfast was nice but had to hang about for sausages!! Overall a lovely hotel! The beds are super comfy!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Wow, another lovely review, thank you. It is especially nice to hear from guests who stay with us often.

I am sorry about the mix up with your breakfast order, I am not sure what happened but the Night Manager apologises for this error. Regarding the menu, we served this for our special Valentines Dinner so it didn't have all of our normal choices, I am sorry you didn't have the choice you would have liked. A good excuse to return maybe!

I hope you had a lovely Valentines and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Having read the reviews I was expecting 4 star standards & a good experience . We stayed for 2 nights in Dec & were really looking forward to experiencing the Flying Fsh Restaurant , which is one of the few we have not dined at in Falmouth . Requested quiet room & one allocated fitted the bill . However this was smaller than a London city centre hotel brand hotel room & for comarable rice ! Bedside light not working & still not rectified 3 days later after reporting on chek in . Room dingy .Comfortale double bed & great sleep though . Parking not great as only several places & had to park on side street despite hotel advertising car park . Very disappointed on 1 st night - we prebooked tabe reservation for 8 pm however booking " got lost " between reception check n & restaurant . They were clearly not coping , indicated a 45 min wait . Having waited already for 15 mins to get served in bar we cut our losses & dined out in Falmouth - we know the town . The function for 80 navl base Xmas do was obviously their priority on the night & not residents ! To add insult to injury Reception were not professional in handling my feedback on the night . Because of this we chose to eat out the 2 n night . Breakfast was poor for 4 star standards . Poor choice on cold buffet & the hot buffet served only lukewarm food . Staff were clearly unhappy & made this clear to us on the 1 st night . I have worked in Catering fr ver 30 years so know how difficult this job is however have never heard such disloyalty . Will never recommend this hotel to our holiday letting guests for meals nor Sa because of this experience . Very Dissapointed for Falmouths reputation . Decoration was good in public areas , however carpets were threadbare in access to all bedrooms - couldn't believe how bad it was . They desperately need some refurbishment !

Room Tip: Talk to reception about the room that may suit your needs best & don't book the restaurant...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anne Q

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Whilst we appreciate your feedback, I am so sorry to hear you did not experience the high level of service we normally deliver. I am not sure about the details regarding your issues but will be spending time with the relevant Managers to resolve them and ensure they do not happen again. These are not problems we normally experience so I am even more apologetic that they occurred.

I appreciate you would not wish to return however I would like to invite you back so that you are able to enjoy a stay that is far better than this. We normally receive such good comments from our guests so I know we would be able to deliver this to you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you like to discuss this.

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband booked this hotel from reading Trip Advisor comments. The staff were all friendly and nothing too much trouble. The Wi Fi wasn't working and was sorted straight away. I had the best scallops ever and on the second night when I felt that they were not hot enough, they were immediately removed together with the chips without comment. I couldn't make my mind up between the garlic or chilli dressing so the waiter suggested that I have one with the chilli, which was great. I had a couple of spa treatments which were enjoyable, perhaps a little expensive. Our room was clean and tidy but small.

1  Thank LadyR2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are so proud of our Hotel and Flying Fish Restaurant it is always nice to hear such positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Very relaxing with very friendly staff. Bright and modern, not at all stiff and starchy but made to feel special and relaxed. Only downside was the number of non-residents using the pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Should be dedicated time for guests to use these facilities.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have just enjoyed our second stay at St Michaels, this stay was our honeymoon. We ate at the hotel and enjoyed a superb meal, the quality of the food and service were first class. We had a slight issue with the heating in our room and the staff immediately moved us into a suite, they were all helpful and extremely friendly and we will definately will be back for a third visit!!!

Room Tip: I would suggest a suite as some of the double rooms are on the small side.
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My daughter had an interview at Falmouth University so I booked the hotel online not sure what to expect. On arrival I asked if it were at all possible to have a free upgrade and no sooner asked but done. We had a lovely room with a sea-view and a bed to die for. It was the the most comfortable and sumptuous bed I have ever slept on. An issue was the free WiFi, which did not operate 100%. We had dinner at The Flying Fish and were immediately told that if we wanted certain things on the menu that there would be a surcharge, i.e. the steak and the seafood platter. The food was absolutely amazing, lots of wonderful fresh fish and the duck pate an absolute must. One downfall in the restaurant is the extremely slow service which I am sure can be improved upon but overall a thoroughly wonderful two night stay, and oh yes my daughter got an unconditional offer for the university which topped the stay off very nicely.

Room Tip: Ask to have a sea view room on top floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mummala
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Greenbank Hotel
The Oceanic Hotel
#1 of 24 in Falmouth
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate

Been to St Michael's Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!