“Facial & pedicure”

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Truro, United Kingdom
“Facial & pedicure”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Had a tasty lunch served by smartly attired staff who were very polite &attentive as we're all the staff.This was followed by a facial & pedicure done by Amy which was so GOOD.Will definitely do this again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
StMichaelsHotel, Manager at St Michael's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I am so pleased to hear you had such a nice day and that your spa treatment and lunch were so enjoyable.

We hope to welcome you back soon for more pampering!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here at Christmas on business. I had a very small room that was only suitable for 1 night so I'm glad I didn't stay longer. I requested an early check in and a late check out both of which couldnt be catered for which meant I had to spend money in the restaurant. Food was good, service was slow but the hotel itself was a nice and a good location with just a 20 minute walk into Falmouth centre.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Redruth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was surprised by my husband with a stay at this lovely hotel for my birthday. On arrival we were met with a friendly and helpful greeting at reception. The room was lovely with a fantastic view over Gyllnvase beach and gardens. We enjoyed a quiet swim, sauna and jacuzzi and the changing facilities were great too with a great locker system ( no pound required) hot showers, a costume spinner, plastic bags for your damp swimwear, powerful hairdryers and use of GHDs should you need them.
After eating out in town we came back to the hotel bar for a few drinks, the service was great and the bar area calming and relaxing. After a very comfortable nights sleep we then enjoyed the pool before going to enjoy our breakfast. The breakfast service was again excellent. A very good breakfast selection. Sat over looking the gardens we enjoyed our very tasty breakfast with no rush to finish or leave the dining area. We thoroughly enjoyed our nights stay, highly recommend a visit and we look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tamsin B
Another lovely review, thank you very much!

I am glad we were able to help make your birthday surprise so special, it sounds like you were very spoilt!

We look forward to welcoming you both back, maybe it will be your turn to surprise the husband next time!!
UK
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I took my two best friends to the St Michael's hotel for a spa weekend to celebrate our 40th birthdays and had a wonderful weekend. The Hotel has a nice modern feel to it and it light and airy with very nice decor. The room that we stayed in was spacious with two bedrooms and a living room area as well. The rooms were absolutely spotlessly clean. As part of our package we got three course meals in the evening as well as a spa treatment each day. The food was extremely good and we enjoyed every mouthful that we had. There was a good selection in terms of what was on the menu and the items where you had to pay a supplement were in the minority rather than in the majority. There was a good selection of wines available and the cocktails were very good! The spa treatments were also excellent carried out by very friendly, professional ladies. We found all of the staff that we came across to be very friendly and helpful. The only downside was that one night at dinner we had the one customer who had to have a good moan about everything sat next to us and he did tend to monopolise one of the waiting staff for approximately half an hour to complain about his oysters. Due to this it took a very long time for us to get served to choose our sweet. I also got stuck behind the same individual when checking out only for him to spend an inordinate amount of time moaning to the receptionist about his oysters when I wanted to pay and go!
The only other downside was the swimming pool and changing facilities. I think that they must have been running a class for children on the Sunday morning as they seem to take over the changing area which was not very big and in some cases the parents seemed to think that it was acceptable to leave their clothes in the changing cubicles making it look like they were engaged. It was total chaos with stuff everywhere, not enough lockers and clothes chucked down anywhere. Not a pleasant experience.
We would recommend this hotel and I am already planning to take my husband for a visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. It certainly sounds like you enjoyed your spa break. These breaks are so popular!

I understand the few issues you had must have been annoying but I am pleased to hear they didn't spoil your stay and I am glad to hear you will be returning!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards
st.ives. cornwall
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We have just returned from a 2 day break at this great hotel. The room we stayed in(22) was very clean and decorated lovely with a seaside feel to it.The bed was big and extremely comfortable and we had a great view looking out over the sea and gardens.A very quiet room to be in so felt very relaxed and cosy.The staff are very friendly and helpful and nothing seemed to much trouble for them.I had a treatment in the spa (back bliss)which i have to say is the best treatment I have experienced and I came out feeling very chilled and pampered so a big thankyou to rose.Breakfast was nice with a good selection of cereals, fruit, cheese and pastries and of course the buffet breakfast. Staff very cheery and helpfull which is nice to see first thing in the morning. We ate in the restaurant on our second night and the food was very tasty and beautifully presented.My steak was cooked perfectly and had lots of flavour.We have really enjoyed our stay here and will definitely be returning at some point this year.Thankyou.

• Stayed March 2014
StMichaelsHotel, Manager at St Michael's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
This is such a lovely review, thank you. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and were able to enjoy some lovely Cornish sun too!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We chose to stay here as part of a weekend in Cornwall visiting the Eden Project. Overall it was lovely. Room was nice, spa facilities were good, views from the restaurant and lounge were magnificent. As we were only there for one night, and love fish, we decided to eat in the hotel's fish restaurant. We shared the fish platter and all was good until we came to the shell-on prawns which, on closer inspection, had not been prepared correctly (they were not cleaned .... Which is the only polite way of saying what was wrong!!!!). For a restaurant specialising in fish they should have known better really. We called over the maître d and brought it to his attention. He thanked us and said he'd inform the kitchen of our comments. If he'd only offered a complimentary cup of coffee or taken something off the bill it would have made all the difference....but there you go. You could say a true 4* hotel would have done differently... But all in all it was good.... But for the bad prawns!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank HIS88
Brazil
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I had a great time at St Michaels hotel while in England last summer. The location of the hotel couldn't be better, the back yard has a garden that leads you right to Queen Mary's Garden which is beautiful next to Gyllynvase Beach. The hotel staff is very hard working and I'd like to thank specially the people at the restaurant who where very nice to me. A special thanks to Bernie, Joe, Pinkie and some others that I can't remember the names. Thank you for the girls that cleaned my room. My room was small but very comfortable and from my window I could see the ocean that was a delight. Many thanks to all the staff of St. Michael. I LOVE FALMOUTH

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Greenbank Hotel
The Falmouth Hotel
#9 of 24 in Falmouth
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,074 reviews
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to St Michael's Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!