“Very good stay”

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Falmouth
London, United Kingdom
“Very good stay”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Really friendly staff with fantastic facilities and lovely spa.
Beds are very comfortable with the best pillows.
Great location with loads to do in the local area for families or couples.
Would really recommend a stay at this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
London Baby
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

A beautiful hotel, with beautiful views and in a great location. One of the nicest rooms I've had the pleasure of staying in Cornwall. I would highly recommend this hotel not only for the above but also as the staff couldn't be more helpful. No request is to big or small.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cornwall
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed here for one night on Mother's Day and the first time away with our very young baby. We had only booked a standard double room but were so pleased to find when we got to the room that we had been complimentary upgraded to a really spacious sea view room with a balcony, a lovely surprise thank you. Our daughters bottles needed to be kept in the fridge (silly of me to presume there would be a minibar fridge in the room) so we had to keep asking reception to store and fetch them for us every three hours but they happily obliged very quickly each time which made us feel less of a nuisance!
I was really impressed by the reception staff we met and they were extremely helpful and efficient during our stay.
We used the pool facilities and our daughter enjoyed her first ever swim and even though it was busy we still had a nice time using them.
We had dinner included as part of our stay and it was pleasant, however I think next time we will venture out into Falmouth. The bar man Alfie was really friendly and chatty and the restaurant manager (I think) was nice and checked on us lots to make sure we were ok but I did not rate our waitress. She did not give us wine menus on arrival we had to ask for these, I had to ask for water glasses which she didn't bring over, I asked several questions about the menu and these were met with curt responses and overall we did not feel she cared whether we were enjoying ourselves or not! We even heard her complaining to another table about how long a shift she had worked that day which is very unprofessional.
We will definitely return to St Michaels hotel in the future as we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and the atmosphere of the place is great and really relaxing and met all our needs as a young family.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stmoritzgirl
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Had a tasty lunch served by smartly attired staff who were very polite &attentive as we're all the staff.This was followed by a facial & pedicure done by Amy which was so GOOD.Will definitely do this again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
StMichaelsHotel, Manager at St Michael's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I am so pleased to hear you had such a nice day and that your spa treatment and lunch were so enjoyable.

We hope to welcome you back soon for more pampering!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here at Christmas on business. I had a very small room that was only suitable for 1 night so I'm glad I didn't stay longer. I requested an early check in and a late check out both of which couldnt be catered for which meant I had to spend money in the restaurant. Food was good, service was slow but the hotel itself was a nice and a good location with just a 20 minute walk into Falmouth centre.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Redruth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was surprised by my husband with a stay at this lovely hotel for my birthday. On arrival we were met with a friendly and helpful greeting at reception. The room was lovely with a fantastic view over Gyllnvase beach and gardens. We enjoyed a quiet swim, sauna and jacuzzi and the changing facilities were great too with a great locker system ( no pound required) hot showers, a costume spinner, plastic bags for your damp swimwear, powerful hairdryers and use of GHDs should you need them.
After eating out in town we came back to the hotel bar for a few drinks, the service was great and the bar area calming and relaxing. After a very comfortable nights sleep we then enjoyed the pool before going to enjoy our breakfast. The breakfast service was again excellent. A very good breakfast selection. Sat over looking the gardens we enjoyed our very tasty breakfast with no rush to finish or leave the dining area. We thoroughly enjoyed our nights stay, highly recommend a visit and we look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tamsin B
Another lovely review, thank you very much!

I am glad we were able to help make your birthday surprise so special, it sounds like you were very spoilt!

We look forward to welcoming you both back, maybe it will be your turn to surprise the husband next time!!
UK
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I took my two best friends to the St Michael's hotel for a spa weekend to celebrate our 40th birthdays and had a wonderful weekend. The Hotel has a nice modern feel to it and it light and airy with very nice decor. The room that we stayed in was spacious with two bedrooms and a living room area as well. The rooms were absolutely spotlessly clean. As part of our package we got three course meals in the evening as well as a spa treatment each day. The food was extremely good and we enjoyed every mouthful that we had. There was a good selection in terms of what was on the menu and the items where you had to pay a supplement were in the minority rather than in the majority. There was a good selection of wines available and the cocktails were very good! The spa treatments were also excellent carried out by very friendly, professional ladies. We found all of the staff that we came across to be very friendly and helpful. The only downside was that one night at dinner we had the one customer who had to have a good moan about everything sat next to us and he did tend to monopolise one of the waiting staff for approximately half an hour to complain about his oysters. Due to this it took a very long time for us to get served to choose our sweet. I also got stuck behind the same individual when checking out only for him to spend an inordinate amount of time moaning to the receptionist about his oysters when I wanted to pay and go!
The only other downside was the swimming pool and changing facilities. I think that they must have been running a class for children on the Sunday morning as they seem to take over the changing area which was not very big and in some cases the parents seemed to think that it was acceptable to leave their clothes in the changing cubicles making it look like they were engaged. It was total chaos with stuff everywhere, not enough lockers and clothes chucked down anywhere. Not a pleasant experience.
We would recommend this hotel and I am already planning to take my husband for a visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. It certainly sounds like you enjoyed your spa break. These breaks are so popular!

I understand the few issues you had must have been annoying but I am pleased to hear they didn't spoil your stay and I am glad to hear you will be returning!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Greenbank Hotel
The Oceanic Hotel
The Oceanic Hotel
#1 of 23 in Falmouth
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to St Michael's Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!