From my arrival, which was a few days to visit my brother who lives and runs a great business in Falmouth, I loved St Michaels. The view from the restaurant terrace, on a sunny Sunday afternoon, would be difficult to top. Check in at reception was quick, and after a 7 hour drive, it was no trouble for me to leave my luggage at reception, they would take it to my room. Parking at the hotel was fine, good signage, but my sat nav postcode for the hotel, which is published, took me right there anyway. I stopped the car just before the turnoff to the hotel to have a look at Gyllyngvase Bay. A magic view, worth stopping for.
I was lucky to have room number 9 in the Captains House, an annexe, a few steps up from the main reception, but which had the most amazing view out over the beach and sea beyond. attention to detail in the room is worthy of remark. Nautical, but not overly overt cues in the soft furnishings, pale blue and white, someone has worked hard at this, a wickedly comfortable bed that I enjoyed for 4 nights, crisp white linen duvet, unobtrusive cleaning staff. I slept so well.
Breakfast offer great, just coffee and toast for me, but full English (or Cornish) available. I didn't eat in the hotel in the evening, so can't comment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in tranquil gardens, overlooking Gyllyngvase Beach and a short walk from Falmouth town centre. Award winning Health Club & Spa, featuring ELEMIS treatments. Indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms. Flying Fish Restaurant, specialising in locally sourced cuisine, with relaxing bar and lounge. Business facilities, including meeting and event spaces. Comfortable rooms, featuring free WiFi. Family Rooms and extensive guest activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your St Michael's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Michael`s Hotel Falmouth
- St Michael`s Hotel And Spa
- St Michaels Hotel & Spa
- St Michaels Spa Falmouth
- St Michaels Falmouth
- St Michael's Hotel & Spa Falmouth, Cornwall