St Michael's Hotel & Spa
The Grove Hotel(Falmouth)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,458 results
All reviewsthe flying fish restaurantnautical themecaptain's housebuilding workhot buffetthe main hotelsauna and steam roomst michaelsea viewchanging roomslovely hotelbirthday treatno liftbeach houserestaurant staffmain courserelaxing break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Excellent stay at this fine hotel. Great staff and service for our summer tour of Cornwall.
When we needed specifics and flexibility the staff could not of been more helpful.
The bar staff were extremely professional and friendly.
The Spa staff were first class
Small concern for the check-in process where you feel talked at, but aside from this, all good.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike D
StMichaelsHotel, Manager at St Michael's Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy most of our facilities. I hope the rest of your Cornwall holiday was as enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I discovered St Michaels 3 years ago and after a long weekend break in August we are pleased to say the standards and quality are still as high as ever.
This was our second stay this year and more recently we saw that some of the decor and carpets have been upgraded to maintain the feel of quality.
We dined both evenings in the restaurant and the food and service was wonderful, nothing was too much trouble. We used the spa daily and could not fault it.
Overall from arrival to departure, the staff were fantastic, welcoming and helpful.
Our room was superb, with a sea view and patio outside allowing us to enjoy the fine weather with a drink. Despite visiting previously, we can't wait to return and look forward to our next stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S_and_L_from_Devon

Wow! What a lovely review, thank you very much! It is always so nice to hear from our return guests and to know that you are continuing to enjoy your stays with us is even better.

We do look forward to seeing you both again soon and continuing to welcome you back to enjoy many more fine Cornish Summers!

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We were really happy with this hotel, it is practically on the beach. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The spa facilities are fantastic and there is an extremely good restaurant. The gardens at the hotel and the gardens just next to the beach are just beautiful. I would definitely go to this hotel again and highly recommend it.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Chandni000

Another great review, thank you. We are so lucky to be located near such beautiful surroundings and I am pleased to hear you were able to make the most of the weather and scenery.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The mark of a good hotel is when the staff work hard to put things right that have gone wrong. We commend the St Michael's team for doing just that during our recent stay.

We had booked a family room and were told there would be two double beds in the room, which we wanted as our daughter is 15. On arrival we discovered we had been misinformed - we were shown to a small double with a tiny ante-room (hardly large enough to turn round in) with child bunk beds that had terrible mattresses and an air-con unit on the wall outside the head of the bed. The unit buzzed all night. The room was on the ground floor, directly next to the bar terrace, and people were up late drinking and talking outside our window (or rather, the other side of the fence panel between our window and the terrace, which completely obstructed the light). Some very selfish people in the room above then stamped around loudly at 12.30am and 4.30am, watching their noisy TV.

We complained and were offered two separate double rooms; this was not ideal as our daughter was going to be away from us and on her own, but remaining in the original room was not an option. In the end, the lovely location, fresh, light decor, spotless (and finally quiet) rooms, pleasant ambience, friendly, efficient staff and delicious food made up for the initial problems.

The hotel is 3 minutes walk from the pretty beach and 15 mins from town. Views of the bay from the dining room are gorgeous. We enjoyed the lovely gardens, pool and jacuzzi, although I have to say the poolside and changing rooms were a little grubby by late afternoon and we saw a cleaner only once in those areas in 7 days.

All in all, though, once the first night hiccup had been dealt with professionally and with understanding, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would certainly return.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you have a family.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank funnyhols

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am sorry to hear you experienced some issues on arrival but like you, I am very pleased to hear they were put right quickly. We do pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service doing all that we can to ensure our guests are able to enjoy their stay,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and made the most of our facilities.

I have passed on your comments to the relevant heads of departments who will I am sure follow up to ensure any problems are not repeated.

Once again thank you for your comments, I do hope we are able to welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I don't like leaving negative feedback but really did have a poor experience today for my spa treatment. I only chose to come here as I had been given a voucher in a shop (which incidentally I couldn't use as they had 'run out').
When I arrived, I waited at reception and the man there must have seen me as he served another customer, and yet he served someone else in front of me. Also, sat waiting for my treatment another member of staff warmly greeted another couple who were sat with me and offered them water. I was again ignored.
On my way out later, I tripped on their uneven path, tore my trousers and badly grazed my leg. I was in some discomfort and distress and limped back inside. Again, nobody was bothered although one member of staff gave me a glance. I doubted they would care anyway so I left.
The hotel and spa here has a fancy reputation and exterior but on my experience today, my first and only visit, I would not recommend!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Rachael B

Firstly I would very much like to apologise that you did not feel you were welcomed, this is not the service we are known for. We are very proud that we are usually complimented on our excellent customer service throughout the whole hotel.

I take any complaints very seriously and I have spoken with the Spa Manager who assures me that this will be followed up on.

With regards to the issue of you falling over, I can assure you that we would very much have cared and that we would have assisted you had we been made aware of the incident.

I would be more than happy to discuss this with you if you would like to contact me, neither myself of my team like to know that a guest or visitor has left unhappy.