We stayed here for 3 nights over a (wet) bank holiday weekend. The main reason for choosing the hotel was the indoor pool and that we would be able to walk into Falmouth town centre which is about a mile away.
The pool, jacuzzi and sauna area are great. Yes, the paintwork is a bit shabby in areas, but it is generally very clean and the water temperatures are perfect. Well done to the management. I've used indoor pools in similar hotels elsewhere and they have so much chlorine in the water that your eyes sting when you swim - not so here!
Our room (a garden room, number 12) was very spacious and was great for us with our dog. Again, it was very clean and well kept (the hotel cannot be faulted when it comes to housekeeping). The decor is plain which is a shame as (with better decor) this hotel could be exceptional.
We only ate breakfast at the hotel, and it was (generally) very good. The "full English" was as good as I've had elsewhere and I usually measure breakfast by the quality of sausage which, in this case, was better than average. No "Richmond" frozen sausages here.
Unfortunately, my partner had smoked haddock one morning and this was very overcooked which was a shame as it was a good piece of fish. On other mornings she ordered scrambled eggs which were very good and the portion was huge. The downside of breakfast was the bread used for toast which was very basic cheap bread. I'm sure a better quality bread would not cost much more but would compliment the breakfast better.
All the staff were polite and friendly.
Would I stay here again? Yes, especially in the summer months when the outdoor pool area would be very inviting.
Tip: if eating in town, visit the Chain Locker pub - excellent food and very reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the bustling, vibrant and cosmopolitan town of Falmouth lies the BEST WESTERN Penmere Manor Hotel, situated in 4 acres of gardens and woodlands approximately 1 mile from the historic port of Falmouth, the BEST WESTERN Penmere Manor is an oasis of tranquillity and calm, a home away from home for many of our guests, who get away from it all for regular frequent visits. A charming manor house set amidst beautiful gardens, this Georgian house has been elegantly maintained to retain its charming elegance. The comfort of guests and feeling of welcome is paramount; the Moore family along with their friendly staff offer you a very warm welcome. Each of the 37 en suite bedrooms are well appointed, have free Wi-Fi, the latest flat screen digital TVs, hairdryers, tea and coffee making facilities and free car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Penmere Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Penmere Manor Hotel Falmouth
- Best Western Falmouth
- Best Western Hotel Falmouth
- Falmouth Best Western
- Penmere Manor Hotel Falmouth, Cornwall