On arrival at the hotel Staff seemed friendly enough, The room although the decor is dated and not to our taste! It was clean and of a good size.
On this particular visit I bought my Laptop with me as I had planned to get a good deal of work done while the children where sleeping. However this was not to be as the fee wifi that was advertised was virtually unusable 80% of the time there was no signal at all and when I was able to get on it is was painfully slow and frequently disconnected.
When I asked at reception I was told that it wasn't the best and that if I sat in reception it may be better. Which wasn't ideal having two children in tow.
Lighting seems to be an issue in the evening at the hotel, you get the feeling they are also feeling the pinch of the Credit Crunch! With no lighting in the hall way, library and other important communal areas.
The choice on the Menu for vegetarians was poor, I am unable to comment on the quality of the food for the evening as we didn't get past the menu stage.
Breakfast was ok, Staff where friendly and efficient and the cooked breakfast was ok. However the continental buffet table was a little inadequate. No croissants as advertised and the fruit consisted of tinned prunes and apricots.
Which I have to say offends me to look at in the morning let alone eat. There was no 'fresh fruit' on offer.
The highlight of this hotel was the swimming pool and sauna area which we found quite pleasant if a little over looked especially as there where workmen in at the time.
However we did have virtually exclusive use of the pool and sauna area and it was included within our room rate which proved fairly good value.
We will steer clear of this hotel on our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the bustling, vibrant and cosmopolitan town of Falmouth lies the BEST WESTERN Penmere Manor Hotel, situated in 4 acres of gardens and woodlands approximately 1 mile from the historic port of Falmouth, the BEST WESTERN Penmere Manor is an oasis of tranquillity and calm, a home away from home for many of our guests, who get away from it all for regular frequent visits. A charming manor house set amidst beautiful gardens, this Georgian house has been elegantly maintained to retain its charming elegance. The comfort of guests and feeling of welcome is paramount; the Moore family along with their friendly staff offer you a very warm welcome. Each of the 37 en suite bedrooms are well appointed, have free Wi-Fi, the latest flat screen digital TVs, hairdryers, tea and coffee making facilities and free car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your Penmere Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Penmere Manor Hotel Falmouth
- Best Western Falmouth
- Best Western Hotel Falmouth
- Falmouth Best Western
- Penmere Manor Hotel Falmouth, Cornwall