“A very good 3* hotel with above rating restaurant”
Review of Merchants Manor

Merchants Manor
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A very good 3* hotel with above rating restaurant”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My wife and I stayed at this great little hotel in Falmouth on a good value 3 nights for 2 deal. Great value. There is a good indoor pool, jacuzzi and gym, we had it to ourselves on 2 of the 3 occasions we used it. The restaurant perticularly impressed us, the standard was well above 3*. All things considered I cannot recommend Green Lanes enough. Falmouth itself is a very friendly town, the taxis are cheap and one of the drivers recommended The Cutty Sark pub to us. It is on the docks development and is just the sort of pub I like (Now & again) full of vagabonds, wild women and a great music system. After a meal at The Shed nearby, excellent we returned to The Cutty Sark and had a late night!! Great.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Petex10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Melbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Working in Falmouth a few times a year I've been a regular at this hotel when my work allows. Very friendly staff, good value accommodation that is always consistent.

The rooms are just fine, the singles are a little small from my experience once when I couldn't get a double, ok, they're not brand new but very acceptable. Wifi is available free and seems very good everywhere on site.

Food in the evening is excellent, a wide choice and all very, very good. There is a good selection of wines and 3 real ales on draught that are usually good. Breakfast is also very good from my many times now spent there.

All in all a very good hotel, one at which I would be happy to spend my own money, when I get a bit older and fancy a trip to Falmouth!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Ian_C96
Tokyo
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I needed to find a hotel at Falmouth to visit my friend studying there, and the reason I chose Green Lawns is it looks easier to spot (the hotel looked exactly like the one on the photos on the website) and not so far from the station.

In that period I was still writing a thesis for my degree, I stayed in the hotel to study until noon, and then went out with my friend afternoon. Actually, I could concentrate without difficulty there - the room was clean and tranquil, and I could use the wi-fi internet by buying a kind of voucher at the reception. A set of furniture is minimal, but I didn't feel any type of inconvenience.
When I came across staffs in the corridor, they greeted to me with a smile, in a polite way.

Above all, the view of the town I could see in breakfast time was splendid, and I could personally recommend the hotel for this reason only.

* I stayed in the hotel in 2008 by the way (I could not choose 2008, as the pulldown box allows me to choose among 12 months back from the current date)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Cheddar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

fantastic hotel and staff, were brilliant with my disabled mother

Room Tip: great downstaiirs rooms for disabled members
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I’ve been to a few functions at the Green Lawns in Falmouth and have found them all excellent. Staff have been very efficient, the food is good and the function rooms are smart.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel 23rd and 24th October and had a lovely time. The room was large, with a big bed and nice bathroom. We had free use of the pool, jacuzzi and sauna and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The breakfasts were excellent and nothing was too much trouble for the friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2011

First impressions count!! The hotel manager checked us in personally, even though reception staff were at the desk. He was so pleasant, happy to see us, efficient. Our garden room was spacious, modern, bright, and clean. The breakfast was hot and very good with lots of choice. gardens pretty and spa fairly empty (nice surprise given school hadn't started back yet)
Location perfect, no sea views but only 7 minutes walk to the beaches.
This hotel is brilliant because of the great staff and the way the manager runs the place.

Room Tip: Garden room was fabulous.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family