We thought we'd spoil ourselves and go out to lunch. Aware that the hotel had undergone a recent refurbishment we called to reserve a table. On our arrival we were directed to the restaurant and were surprised to find it unoccupied even though it was 1.00. We were seated at a fully laid table and given one menu. I write menu but in fact it was a small folded piece of card detailing a selection of sandwiches. I told the waiter that we actually wanted lunch as opposed to sandwiches, to which he replied that was all that they served at lunch times. I asked if that was the case, then why had we been seated at a table which was fully laid for a three course meal? He said that when we had ordered our sandwiches the cutlery and wine glasses would all be removed? Dooooooh!
Correct me if I'm on the wrong track here but surely when we originally called to make our table reservation the receptionist should have had the were with all to advise that only snacks were served at lunch times and not 'lunch' in the accepted terms? It was a great disappointment and no wonder it was empty. Needless to say we didn't, and neither were we encouraged to stay. Instead, we had a very agreeable lunch at st michaels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine your perfect holiday - a privately run Cornish Hotel, with far reaching views across the stunning Falmouth bay, South Cornwall. The Merchants Manor is unpretentious and yet wonderfully individual and provides the perfect base from which to explore the Cornish Riviera. Merchants Manor offers friendly and professional service and the kind of efficiency you would expect from a luxury Falmouth Hotel. Whoever you are or whatever you're looking for, whether that is a family holiday, a hotel perfect for Weddings in Cornwall, Merchants Manor is just fitting for all your needs. Come and enjoy attractive accommodation, good food and service reminiscent of a bygone era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Merchants Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Lawns Falmouth
- Green Lawns Hotel Falmouth
- Merchants Manor Falmouth, Cornwall