After much deliberation, we chose the MM for the venue for our wedding for May 2014. Although we were never totally sure the planning was going the way we wanted, as the event grew nearer, the team at MM were incredibly helpful and professional, and final meetings in the final week really set our mind at rest.
Some issues were found regarding booking of rooms for guests, but these were resolved as soon as we raised any issue with MM.
As for the wedding day itself, we were treated to the best day of our lives. All staff were incredibly attentitive to us, with the Maitre D' at our service for the whole weekend. All guests were treated with the utmost respect and the hotel hit the relaxed but magical day we wanted. The food was exquisite, the attention to detail was superb, and we cannot rate the MM highly enough. We were able to offer guests a three way choice for the wedding breakfast menu, and also chose a mid range buffet for the evening disco. The buffet was enough to feed possibly double the number of guests, and was traditional buffet food, but superbly cooked, and all homemade.
As it was a Naval wedding, we were particularly impressed with the level of detail to the place namecards, where they included the rank of military guests.
The only downside to the day was the weather not being suitable for too many outside photographs, but the garden at the hotel has been prepared to an exceptional standard, and the photos we did get in there were excellent.
The hotel seems to be coming to the end of a massive refurbishment, and looks really chic and classy, without any pretentiousness some hotels convey.
The honeymoon suite (room 3) is lovely and so comfortable with a rather large jacuzzi in the room, which is fun!
The following day, most of the family and friends reconvened at the MM after breakfast for copious amounts of coffee and wedding cake. Again here the staff were so attentitive and considerate, especially considering the number of bored children running around.
We both wanted a wedding that was relaxing, yet classy and tasteful, in comfortable surroundings that we felt were in keeping with our character. The MM delivered this in spades, and we are so pleased we chose here over the other two in the frame, The Alverton and Pendennis Castle.
Although not cheap, and let's face it weddings rarely are, we feel we were given superb value for money, and the work my wife put in together with the staff at MM to create an outstanding day, the day will be remembered as the best day of our lives, and I cannot thank her and the staff enough.
I have reated The Merchants Manor as "5" only because there isn't a "6".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine your perfect holiday - a privately run Cornish Hotel, with far reaching views across the stunning Falmouth bay, South Cornwall. The Merchants Manor is unpretentious and yet wonderfully individual and provides the perfect base from which to explore the Cornish Riviera. Merchants Manor offers friendly and professional service and the kind of efficiency you would expect from a luxury Falmouth Hotel. Whoever you are or whatever you're looking for, whether that is a family holiday, a hotel perfect for Weddings in Cornwall, Merchants Manor is just fitting for all your needs. Come and enjoy attractive accommodation, good food and service reminiscent of a bygone era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Merchants Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Lawns Falmouth
- Green Lawns Hotel Falmouth
- Merchants Manor Falmouth, Cornwall