“I'm not a traveller, I'm a local...”

Trengilly Wartha Country Inn
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
“I'm not a traveller, I'm a local...”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I'm not a traveller, I'm a local so I regularly eat at the Trengilly with my family and friends (once a month or so). I can honestly say that I have never had a bad meal there. Nothing is too much trouble for Will, Lisa and the staff.

I cannot comment on the rooms myself because living in the next village I haven't seen them, although an Aunt stayed there whilst visiting us late last year and she said it was lovely. Really comfortable, clean and met all of her requirements. She loved it.

This pub cannot be beaten for atmosphere and ambience (there is usually something happening every night in the summer) and the food is consistently brilliant. Plenty of parking, a picturesque setting and lovely staff.

Sunday lunch is awesome, regular light lunches and ciabbattas are great. Evening meals; everything is locally caught and farmed. The pork tenderloin, thai pork burger, sausages and mussels are all firm family favourites.

If you want to stay in this area, you won't find better.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed at the Trengilly for the first time this year and would recommend it to any and everybody.
The hosts Will and Lisa made me feel totally welcome in this family run place. The food was out of this world catering for all tastes and the breakfast was the finest i have tasted in a very long time.
Every effort was made to fulfill whatever i asked for.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful telling me about all the local attractions with recommendations from personal experiences.
I give it 10/10!!!!
Will definitely stay again when i am next in the UK.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Wood Dalling
Reviewed 25 February 2014

So glad we could make it back to Trengilly Wartha Inn. First time visit was for an Open Day at Falmouth University with my daughter, all a bit rushed and not enough time to take it all in. However for this last visit during half-term my wife and I along with my daughter returned for her interview. We couldn't have wished for a better location, place to stay and welcome.
We had the suite upstairs and it was perfect for us, space but cosy. Clean, tidy and snug.
We ate both nights in the Inn, first night even taking part in the pub quiz, which we were informed the next day we didn't come last. Not quite... Good ales on offer, I know I tried them all on the first night. Lots of Malt Whiskey options, which I never got round to. This time. Great food both nights, plenty to choose from and lots of local and fresh ingredients. Opted for a full Cornish for both breakfasts, although there are lots of options here too and plenty of coffee on offer.
Altogether a great stay and we're looking forward to future trips from up here in Norfolk, as we have been informed our daughter has her place at Falmouth. Trengilly must have been lucky for her. Thank you to Will, Lisa and all the team.

Room Tip: For families you can either choose room 10. Quiet and spacial or if you prefer and have a dog (which...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

i agree with some of the previous comments on finding the pub, but not a problem for us, as Ive previous been to Cornwall around 16 times but never to the Trengilly Wartha.
The simple way to find it ,is to head up Fore street in Constantine and turn off left at vicarage terrace (just past the spar shop ) follow the road around to the right and then down the hill stay on this road until you get to a triangle in the road with a large sign for the pub, turn left here and its about a mile down the lane on the left hand side .
Its a great rural pub,Its run by owners Will and Lisa ,received a friendly welcome,the room was good and in the evening we ate some excellent food and tried local ales and ciders.
This is a great place to stay in a great location this would be even better in the summer months when you could use the outside spaces but being winter the friendly bar was the better option. This is a great pub well worth a visit for a drink or food or stay a few nights if your visiting the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paul w
Axmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Six couples from our village visited Trengilly for the second year running (including our local landlord!) for a weekend break. We were treated fantastically by our hosts Will and Lisa, who made us really welcome.as always. My husband and I have been visiting this hotel for 5 years now (with our dog) and it's a real highlight of our year. The pub is 'proper' with a roaring fire and loads of character and has a fine selection of wines and beers. The food is reliably excellent and the rooms are cosy and comfortable. It isn't the easiest of places to find but well worth it when you do! We'll be back! (if they'll have us!)

Room Tip: The garden rooms are great if you have a dog but all the rooms are lovely!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Harlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Hidden away in the back lanes of deepest Cornwall you'll (eventually) find this lovely Inn. The restaurant and bar both offer excellent food and wine with the bar having a great reputation (well deserved in my opinion) for their beer.

Locally sourced and excellently presented food make a visit a delight; it's been a while since I stayed there overnight but when I did it was comfortable, quiet and glorious to wake up in. I'm sure I will enjoy it again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Had dinner here the other eveing. Fire blazing, friendly waitress, very good food. It will be difficult to find if you don't know the area, but worth the effort. It's still a pub, but one that serves good food.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple