“Wish this my local” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Falmouth
London, United Kingdom
“Wish this my local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We are here in the village now, on holiday from Bangkok. This pub consistently serves the very best food, just amazingly good. The lamb shank is the best and the apple and plum crumble cannot be beaten anywhere. So good that we are back tonight with friends!
The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful and work really hard at making this one of the best pubs I have ever been to, with a real atmosphere. Hating the thought of leaving Cornwall, but know where I'm coming back to!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Summer_rain28

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had a lovely stay over Easter. The bar had a great atmosphere and the food was exceptional, we ate there for all of the 4 nights we were staying and the variety and quality of the food was outstanding. Lovely rooms. Most importantly for us we could take the dogs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at this lovely pub for two nights with our two very small children and can't wait to go back! Our rooms very spacious and very comfortable -masses of hot water for baths plus an excellent shower. The breakfast was one of the nicest I have ever had. Everyone who works here is genuinely friendly and helpful. We ate in the conservatory for both nights of our stay - lovely food and lots of books and toys which the children enjoyed. Very highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank VS-Birmingham
Malvern, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed three nights whilst walking in local area. Great characterful location (although a little difficult to find). Incredibly friendly and helpful staff, very comfortable and clean room, outstanding breakfasts, very affordable bar and excellent B&B value. Evening food was also excellent and substantial but, perhaps, just a little expensive although for such an isolated location was very well patronised even on Monday and Tuesday evenings. A Lovely and peaceful break. Thoroughly recommended and hope to make another visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I'm not a traveller, I'm a local so I regularly eat at the Trengilly with my family and friends (once a month or so). I can honestly say that I have never had a bad meal there. Nothing is too much trouble for Will, Lisa and the staff.

I cannot comment on the rooms myself because living in the next village I haven't seen them, although an Aunt stayed there whilst visiting us late last year and she said it was lovely. Really comfortable, clean and met all of her requirements. She loved it.

This pub cannot be beaten for atmosphere and ambience (there is usually something happening every night in the summer) and the food is consistently brilliant. Plenty of parking, a picturesque setting and lovely staff.

Sunday lunch is awesome, regular light lunches and ciabbattas are great. Evening meals; everything is locally caught and farmed. The pork tenderloin, thai pork burger, sausages and mussels are all firm family favourites.

If you want to stay in this area, you won't find better.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed at the Trengilly for the first time this year and would recommend it to any and everybody.
The hosts Will and Lisa made me feel totally welcome in this family run place. The food was out of this world catering for all tastes and the breakfast was the finest i have tasted in a very long time.
Every effort was made to fulfill whatever i asked for.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful telling me about all the local attractions with recommendations from personal experiences.
I give it 10/10!!!!
Will definitely stay again when i am next in the UK.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Wood Dalling
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

So glad we could make it back to Trengilly Wartha Inn. First time visit was for an Open Day at Falmouth University with my daughter, all a bit rushed and not enough time to take it all in. However for this last visit during half-term my wife and I along with my daughter returned for her interview. We couldn't have wished for a better location, place to stay and welcome.
We had the suite upstairs and it was perfect for us, space but cosy. Clean, tidy and snug.
We ate both nights in the Inn, first night even taking part in the pub quiz, which we were informed the next day we didn't come last. Not quite... Good ales on offer, I know I tried them all on the first night. Lots of Malt Whiskey options, which I never got round to. This time. Great food both nights, plenty to choose from and lots of local and fresh ingredients. Opted for a full Cornish for both breakfasts, although there are lots of options here too and plenty of coffee on offer.
Altogether a great stay and we're looking forward to future trips from up here in Norfolk, as we have been informed our daughter has her place at Falmouth. Trengilly must have been lucky for her. Thank you to Will, Lisa and all the team.

Room Tip: For families you can either choose room 10. Quiet and spacial or if you prefer and have a dog (which...