“Dreadful, rude and expensive”
Review of Prezzo - Falmouth

Prezzo - Falmouth
Ranked #165 of 229 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“Dreadful, rude and expensive”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We turned up at just before 7pm on a Monday evening. The restaurant was busy however there were lots of empty tables. The Italian gentleman on the desk said we would have to wait about half an hour for a table. When i questioned him as I said there are lots of empty tables he was quite shirty and said if he seated everybody then we would have a 3 hour wait for our food.

The only reason we decided to stay was because we had Tesco vouchers.

So we took a seat and waited with our menus.

I thought this would be the ideal opportunity for the staff to ask if we would like to order drinks whilst we waited but nobody asked.

Several other families came in whilst we were waiting and were seated. We wondered if my questioning had upset the waiter and he was making us suffer.

We were finally shown to a table at 7.30pm and we placed our orders as we had had plenty of time to decide. When ordering for my 9 year old son i was told that as it was after 7pm I was not able to order from that menu and he had to order an adult meal. I queried this with another member of staff as i have never heard anything so ridiculous and especially as if they had actually taken our order when we arrived it would have been before 7pm. They said it was a new rule that had been introduced today and they were unable to override the tills.

Begrudgingly we ordered.

After 50 minutes our food arrived. The food was ok, nothing to write home about.

The service and attitude of the staff was appalling and I would not recommend you visit.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Sarah Y

Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely Meal - super value”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Took my parents out for a birthday meal to Prezzo in Falmouth, we went mid week in January but still surprised at how quiet it was. Service was fine, food was lovely, enjoyed especially the little tiny desert with my coffee. We had a 2 for 1 voucher which made it great value. You will have to book in advance at weekends and the summer as it gets rammed!

Visited January 2014
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“very good”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

we went and used our Tesco vouchers(every little helps)here today for a lunch-time meal,my partner had meatballs and spaghetti,my daughter had chicken ravoli and I had an Italian burger all washed down with three lattes,
the service was very good and so was the food,
the restaurant was clean and warm,

• Visited February 2014
Falmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Prezzo what has happened!!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Well where to begin! Used to love this restaurant and used to come very regulary with my partner. Was always good value for what you got and the amount, never any complaints in the year or so that i've been eating here... BUT Prezzo's really what have you done!! After a 20 minute wait we got our bowl of olives The table next to us had arrived later than us and were already on their mains.. another 20 minutes later our mains finally arrived.. a stone cold calzone. I called over a waitress and she couldn't even understand us so she called the manager over. He apologised and returned my calzone. 15 minutes later he gave me a new calzone.... even colder than before.. frozen meatballs, stone cold bolognaise sauce, cold chicken... It shouldn't happen in the first place.. but twice? Cumon!! By this point my partners has also gone cold as he's been sitting there waiting. We sent them both back and got our meal for free, and third time lucky it was. Finally had my HOT calzone, 3 attempts and nearly another half an hour later. Safe to say, will not be returning. Shame on you Prezzo

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Anon y
falmouth, cornwall
“Good Food”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We ate here as a group of 10 on a Sunday evening. The main thing that stood out was only 2 waiting staff which made drinks and time to take the order very slow.
The food came out in reasonable time for a group of 10, but perhaps not as quick as It should have been as it could be seen waiting on the hot plate for the waiting staff to collect it.
We had a buy one get one free Pizza and Pasta voucher, which made the meal good value, however I would say if it wasn't for the BOGOF offer it was overly expensive. I have given a 4 star rating for value on the basis there is nearly always printable vouchers on the Prezzo website. Without the vouchers this rating would have been a 2 star in my opinion.
The food was of a very high standard, and decent portion sizes.
The honeycomb cheesecake was absolutely amazing tasting, possibly one of the nicest desserts I've ever eaten out.
They provided activity packs for the children to keep them occupied whilst waiting which was a good touch.

• Visited January 2014