Penmorvah Manor Hotel
Meudon Hotel(Falmouth)
Merchants Manor(Falmouth)
Broadmead Hotel(Falmouth)
View Hotel
All reviewsmanager neilladies nightdecking areathe general managerwonderful eveningdinner dancethe hotel managerwedding breakfastthe cottagessunday lunchpeaceful locationmaenporth beachchristmas partystandard roomself cateringcomfortable roomfull english breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Would never have found this quirky little hotel by driving around - found it by searching web for an unexpected extra night that we needed to stay in area. Rooms a little dated but clean but what more do you want? The gardens are wonderful and the dinner and breakfast really good (with those lovely fresh eggs from their own hens!). We appeared to be the only English people staying there and everyone seemed to be enjoying being served by a very convivial young waitress.
Overall felt like I'd stepped into an Agatha Christie fictional venue, (maybe a themed weekend idea for the owners?) but really enjoyed the experience. Would I stay again? - most definitely.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2011

My colleague and I needed a hotel near Falmouth at short notice in August, which left very few choices at reasonable prices. We found and booked Penmorvah at a real reasonable rate and were expecting the worst. What a surprise ! Excellent food great rooms, lovely paths to a nearby beach. Now my favourite hotel in Cornwall. Lookin forward to going back with my husband. A real find, if you don't min being a five minute drive outside of Falmouth

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed for 4 nights at this hotel along with our daughter, son-in-law and grandson during August 2011. The hotel is situated about 3 miles outside of Falmouth on winding country lane, so a word of advice do not stay here unless you have a car or really like walking. The rooms at the hotel are basic and the room in which we stayed had a small double bed, again if you are close to 6 foot or over look for another venue. The bed and pillows in this hotel room were made of stone or so it felt. The rooms are also very dark and the TVs are the size of a computer screen. The hotel restaurant is beyond ordinary and I would especially recommend not having the spaghetti Aribiatta. I thought that it was impossible to screw up this dish as it has such basic ingredients yet when I queried the taste and asked if they had made a mistake I was told that use sweet chilli sauce from a bottle as the chilli component of this dish. I asked the waitress to ask the chef and it was not until I pushed for an answer that I found this out. The other quaint habit they have here is that the lounge is locked like a fortress until 8.30 in the morning and it is the only place with wifi. So in conclusion, nice location, rooms tired, food ordinary staff attitude matter of fact.

Room Tip: ask to stay in a room in the main house, not in the wing it is dark and old.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulcardio
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My wife and I spent a very enjoyable week in one of the garden cottages. Her brother and sister-in-law joined us for the last three days. The two bedroom, two bathroom self-catering cottage was very comfortable although the second bedroom had bunk beds which is understandable as the unit would probably be most suitable for a couple with children.

The beds were very comfortable and it is very quiet and peaceful so we all slept very well. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything required for preparing and serving meals.

The lounge area was also very comfortable for four adults and included a flat screen TV with digital TV channels and a DVD player.

We were close to the main hotel with all of it's amenities including a bar, restaurant and resident's lounge with wi-fi. We had dinner in the restaurant one evening and everything including the food and service was excellent. While having dinner we had the opportunity to chat with the owners, Peter and Cheryl. They are a very hospitable couple and gave us several suggestions as to how we could best enjoy our visit to Cornwall. Their cocker spaniel, Millie, matched their friendliness.

The grounds, the manor house and view are all spectacular (see photos).

Every day we went out to explore a different area of Cornwall. This is a great central location to do this from. There are so many wonderful places to visit in Cornwall. I would say don't miss St. Ives, St. Michael's Mount and Fowey.

All in all, we felt very welcome and very comfortable at the Penmorvah. We would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Booked this hotel from newspaper recommendation backed up by details on the web - we were certainly not disappointed. We were greeted with a very friendly welcome on our arrival. taken to our room and given a concise review of the hotel and surrounding area.

The room was clean and suited our purpose as well as supply of the necessities ie clean towels daily if required, hairdryer, tv, tea/coffee etc.

We took breakfast in all our five day stay and the choice and service as well as the quality, was very good - disappointed we didn't make time foe at least one nights dinner - sure that too would have been a success.

Our encounters with all the staff were very welcoming and friendly and they made themselves 'available' to you - it didn't reflect in the service that there was a Sunday and two bank holidays during our stay when rotas would have been changed.

Finally the location is off the beaten track but amidst some beautiful areas - ask the staff - they'll give you ideas. It is very peaceful and secluded and the grounds are lovely with a superb view out to sea.

Thank you all at Penmorvah!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple