“Home away from home.”

Penmorvah Manor Hotel
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Great hotel. Spent 6 days there, 3 in cottage and 3 in hotel. Beautiful gardens, great view and wonderful staff. Nothing was to much trouble and we were treated like old friends. The dining experience was great, breakfast and dinner were very good with lovely surroundings.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WillCopacabana

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed for 3 overnights in mid-July 2013 as part of a 13-night trip to England. Booked as a Bed & Breakfast-Accomadation it is of course more like a hotel and can't have the same setting and feel as a owner-led B&B. Our room was a bit small but otherwise ok - nothing to complain about. Breakfast is either buffet or ordered and served at the table - thumbs up. It included all you could think of.
The surrounding garden and parking is spacious and well cared of.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dietmar S
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Arrived to a very unfriendly welcome first they appeared to have lost my booking then they insisted on payment upfront and charged me extra for using a credit card! The room was actually quite good but it had not been cleaned properly, the toilet seat was stuck together with toothpaste and there were hairs in the shower. I would have complained but I was already late for a party and the receptionist was nowhere to be found. I had a quick look through the kitchen door on the way out and decided that I wasn't going near the restaurant. This is an expensive place for such poor standards, it is being run like a budget BnB, I definitely won't be staying again and I strongly recommend you go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013
Gavin P, Manager at Penmorvah Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for your valued feed back and I am sorry that your visit did not meet with your expectations.
In response I would like to comment that I apologise for the confusion on your arrival this was because when your laterooms booking came through your surname was listed as your Christian name. Payments are taken in advance as we do not have the facility to pre-authorise guests cards as many hotels may do.
Regarding your comment on the kitchen I can only assume that you looked in through our wash up area, not the main kitchen. We were recently awarded a 5 Star Food Hygiene award through Cornwall Council Food Standards Agency. This is the highest award available and one of only a few that achieved this. I would welcome you to have a guided tour of our kitchen should you wish to return in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

All the staff wer very friendly, but not really professional. The breakfast buffet lookes a disaster, but yes, when I commented, I was given freshly poached eggs and kippers.

My room (26) was potentially excellent, but there is secondary glazing. The windows have no sash cord and only one would open. When I confronted the Manager he came to the room, but I do not think rely realised that guests do NOT wish to climb onto window seats to get any fresh air.
Tea/Coffee making is provide for, but you then have to use horrible glass mugs (not attractive !!) Sad that in addition there is no note pad or pencil privided.
The Bathroom was fine, but I am sure any female guest would want a shower cap.

My evening meals were good

All in all it is an adequate B & B, but I do not think it should rate as a several starred Hotel. I gather dogs are welcomed....perhaps they fare better

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2013

A fantastic hotel, fantastic staff, Amanda (the receptionist) was very welcoming on arrival, and was only to happy to print of local bus info ( to save using the car, and be able to visit some local hostelries with out driving,hic). A 15 min bus ride into Falmouth makes it a perfect location. The food, breakfast & dinner, were superb, all freshly cooked and exactly what we asked for ( great when you are fussy about how you like your eggs) . Room was extremely comfortable, ( slept like a baby).

Will certainly return . Massive thumbs up :):):):)

Room Tip: Stay in the main house , lovely views and great service :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Dark bedroom ,awful lighting ,small window ,uncomfortable bed,unmatched bedding --dreary and depressing. Tea and coffee supplies were basic Not worth £30 per night ,actual cost was £220 for 2 nights .Sunday breakfast was probable cooked two hours before time.Left in warm trays for buffet service ,unbelievable and totally inedible .Probably the worst hotel experience I can remember

Room Tip: avoid room 19
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Gavin P, General Manager at Penmorvah Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your stay. I would be happy to discuss your comments in more detail should you wish to contact me personally.
In response to some of your comments listed our pricing has been set competitively for the 3 star rating that we currently achieve. Regarding the uncomfortable bed, these mattresses were renewed within the last twelve months so was very disappointing to hear. I can also assure you that buffet breakfasts (which are used during busy periods such as weddings) are cooked within 30 minutes of the restaurant opening times and are topped up constantly throughout the period.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for a short break to get away from the stresses and strains of normal life. We had a fantastic time, we found the staff friendly and the location very peaceful. I have to say the food at both breakfast and evening meals was excellent and the chef Ben is to be congratulated.A fantastic base for exploring the area. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank 62Cam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Greenbank Hotel
#5 of 24 in Falmouth
The Royal Duchy Hotel
The Royal Duchy Hotel
#4 of 24 in Falmouth

Been to Penmorvah Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!