“Lovely view over the harbour”

Chainlocker & Shipwrights
Ranked #65 of 226 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely view over the harbour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We only stopped by for a few drinks on our stay in Falmouth, and from the outside the pub had great views across the harbour.

The bar staff were without exception really friendly, chatty and made you feel welcome, and although we sat outside, the pub itself appeared to have plenty of ambience. The prices were more reasonable than I expected too.

• Visited July 2014

Worcestershire
“Great views and the beer's good too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Good selection of real ales, mostly local ones. Excellent views over the harbour and plenty of tables. No negatives.

Visited July 2014
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“The way not to run a pub”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I arrived, with my partner at about 7pm on Saturday evening, I ordered a pint of Sharps special bitter, which was the only thing in the pub that was any good. the girl behind the bar told me the price and i handed over a ten pound note, she went to the till and came back with change of a fiver. I explained to her that i gave her a ten pound note as i only had ten pound notes on me. She did give me the right change but i was made to feel as if i got the benefit of the doubt.
We joined my partners daughter and her partner. We then looked around for a table and they were all reserved. I have been in this pub many times before and was told that you couldn't reserve a table because it was a pub that sold food and not a restaurant. We did eventually find a table and sat down to have a look at the menu. Having made our decision we ordered at the bar. Our starters arrived, then the mains turned up!! i thought the name starter was a good clue that they should be brought to the table first, then eaten, before the mains turned up.
That was not how the inept staff of this place do it, I must have ordered a fat steak chips and 2 eggs. I had actually ordered a gammon steak, but it had a lot of fat on it. The food apart from the steak wasn't too bad, but this is a pub and every time i tried to eat some of my meal i was pushed from behind by a group of guys drinking at the bar. If your going to serve food in a pub where you can reserve a table you should have a separate area to eat in, and not get pushed and shoved while your trying to eat!! The manager did give us a round of drinks as an apology, but it was not much compensation for a unpleasant evening. The Chain locker is a pub not a restaurant, so if your after something to eat go to a restaurant, I almost forgot, the only wine they had left was the most expensive, surprise surprise !! To sum up, the food is average, the beer is quite good, the staff let the place down, with there lack of intelligence and who cares attitude. The manager is not a bad guy, i think he is let down by his staff and the set up in the bar, it is not fit for purpose.

Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Good location down by the harbour with extensive outside eating/drinking area but more limited space inside. Service quick and efficient and value for money although somewhat limited menu and fairly basic presentation although beer choices a bit more extensive!
This place thrives on its location right down by the harbour so maybe does not have to make too much effort to fill the place as it will always have a clientele. I am sure there are other eating establishments in the area offering better service, choice and value but as they say it is all about "location, location, location!

Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub with good view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We went here in June with a friend at lunch time and had crab sandwiches which were much better than many restaurants. Sitting outside was a delight overlooking Falmouth harbour and it was a very good experience.