“Good portions and good quality”
Review of Del Mar 2 - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Del Mar 2
Cuisines: Italian
Description: This appears to be a sister restaurant of Del Mar in Perrenporth,Cornwall.
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Good portions and good quality”
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

We ate here tonight, and we are now very full.

We had two courses and no room for dessert.

My partner had two dishes from the specials, which are mainly fish based, and these were quite pricey (£16 for main) but the standard pizzas and pastas are around the £8-10 region. I had the lasagne which was around £9 They have a good range of pizza,pasta and meat and fish dishes so should suit most.

Our bill, for two, with one glass of wine, one j20 and a large bottle of water came to £56.

Would happily eat here again.

1 Thank T_C25

Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Much better than it looks from the outside”
Reviewed 31 December 2011

The outside of the restaurant is misleading as it looks a bit cheap and tacky. Once inside, it is more sophisticated and the right level of theatre provided by the exuberant front of house. He suggested a number of specials: the lemon sauce with scallops was a little sharp, for me, but the chicken pasta dish was very good. Our mains were a nicely cooked fillet steak and large portion of monkfish in a fresh tasting sauce. The tiramisu was a bit disappointing, but overall a very good evening.

• Visited December 2011
Detroit, Michigan
“Wonderful food, service and atmosphere!”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I had a lovely meal at Del Mar 2 on a recent visit to Falmouth. I had the Tricalore Salad for a starter. It was very fresh and well prepared. For the main course I had one of the daily specials of various fresh, local caught fish and seafood with linguine. It was fresh and delicious! The waiter, Aurelio, was very attentive and pleasant. The exterior isn't very impressive but once I stepped inside it was very warm and pleasant with soft new age opera on the sound system. I felt like I'd stepped into a restaurant in Italy. Well done, Del Mar 2!

• Visited October 2011