“Great Location - Great Service”

Park View Townhouse
Ranked #45 of 82 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed here for a week in July and couldn't have been happier. We were looking for a good value hotel/B&B, but as close to the centre of Falmouth as possible. It's less than a five minute walk to the harbour and maybe up to fifteen minutes to the other end of town and the Maritime Museum and Restaurants, plus just a few minute drive to Gylly beach.

We were greeted by Alistair who offered to help with our luggage and gave us some tips of where to go along with a map of the area. The room was excellent, great view with the harbour in the distance and bright and airy. Very comfortable bed with plenty of pillows and fresh, clean bedding. The room itself was very clean and definitely no complaints about cleanliness. They do a very good job of servicing the rooms faily and replenishing tea and coffee etc. The bathroom in our room was brilliant. Again, very clean and modern with a powerful shower.

Breakfast is served between 0800 & 0930 and everything is freshly cooked to order. We alternated between the table of cereals and fruit and the hot cooked options. The Full English breakfast was very good and Paul and Kathy couldn't have been better, offering more toast if we would like and even tips on where to go that day (plus the weather forecast!).

All in all, I would thoroughly reccomend The Park View Town House as a great place to stay, right in the centre of Falmouth.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front overlook the park, but rooms at the back have a view of the small garden and can...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick W

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed for one night (sat night) owner could not do enough for us , very helpful :) peaceful hotel and a great nights sleep :) would recommend and stay here again :) oh and the breakfast was fantastic :):)

Steve (Southport)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank steve b
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I feel conned. The website cleverly photographs rooms, my executive double felt like a room I can only imagine is booked by the hour! And, it smells - god help me if I'm mistaken for anything other than someone needing a stopover. A smelly man stayed in this room before me euch. Creeky, very dated, what a mistake!!! Noisy pipes arghhhh

Room Tip: Higher up so less passing people traffic
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My wife and i stayed here during a recent visit to the lovely south west of england.we were met by the owner and landlord who was a lovely out going chatty man and we were very impressed by his manner,he just made us feel so very welcome.

1  Thank jimoc2008
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Just returned from a short 4 day break in Falmouth. Stayed in the Park View Town House-good, clean room with all requirements. A very warm welcome from the owners and staff and excellent breakfasts. Would have no hesitation in recommending this to anyone wanting a good B&B in Falmouth.

1  Thank 602WRD
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I had booked a family room, which was on the furtherest / highest point of the hotel. The view was the carkpark. The docor was a bit dated. I thought, I am not going to like this.... would give it till the morning, then choose if I was going to stay... we had booked for 6 nights.
I am delighted to say, that I was so wrong. I slept like a log, the bed was so comfortable. Sure the decor is a bit dated, but whats a bit of artext these days? The owners, are very attentive. Paul, and I, had a wee chat at the bar, that sadly wasnt as busy as it could be. He was a delight to chat too. At breakfast, he could come across as being a bit direct... or rude, but that I think is his sense of humour. Breakfast it self, was very healthy, all grilled to order. Nice selection to choose from. This hotel is really not suitable for the disabled, as there is a few steps to negoatiate. The stairs to the upper rooms, are narrow ... again, the elderly might find that difficult to do.
As I say, my first impression was wrong, and yes, I would book here again. Its very close to the centre of the town. Carparking is to the rear of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The Park View Townhouse looks lovely from the outside and is in an ideal spot for visiting Falmouth.
But that is where it ends. The overall feel as you walk in (by the open door to a communal toilet!) was old! There is no obvious reception area, but we found someone by the bar who showed us to our room. Our rooms (15), on first entering, appeared well decorated but we soon found stains on pillows and a smell on urine from the toilet/shower room (which was tiny, just the width of the toilet). Other (small) things were things like the wrapping on the glass droplets on the light shade had only half been taken off! A plus point was that the bed was comfy but the minus was it still had a winter duvet on it. We hung our clothes up in the wardrobe, but some strange smell was left on them which has meant I've rewashed any clean clothes to get rid of it!
We had hoped the breakfast would redeem the hotel. Unfortunately not. My partner had the breakfast sandwich which was made with stale bread. I felt we had asked for something difficult when we asked for some toast! The full English was ok. The following day we felt they couldn't go wrong with poached egg on toast - except it was boiled to within an inch of its life!
Thankfully we were using the hotel purely as a place to sleep as I would have been exceptionally disappointed if I'd booked it hoping for a lovely hotel in the centre of Falmouth. Having stayed in a number good and bad hotels around the area, it plays on its location rather than quality to charge the money.