“Highly recommend the Lerryn. Very warm welcome”
Review of The Lerryn Hotel

The Lerryn Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
“Highly recommend the Lerryn. Very warm welcome”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I stayed here just the one night on business. Had a lovely welcome from the owners. Room was clean and good value for money.
Really nice breakfast and good location.
Would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
portsmouth
Reviewed 27 February 2013

this was second stay this time minus the dog. despite very late arrival staff and owner warm and welcoming. rooms clean and comfortable with lovely view. breakfast delicious. looking forward to returning especially as daughter got her place at the Uni.0

Room Tip: some sea views and balconies available
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Literally one of the worst experiences of my life.

I had the misfortune of staying at this hotel when I came back to Falmouth a few months after graduating, to visit some friends and my partner.

It started ok, as the first 2 nights, I was in a twin room with a friend who'd travelled down with me. It didn't start off amazingly well, as the beds were quite uncomfortable, there seemed to be a bizarre smell permeating the hotel and breakfast was a poor affair. Paying 75 a night, you might expect a bit more than a weak cup of tea with 1 sausage, 1 rasher of bacon and and egg some beans, but apparently not. Overpriced, but bearable.

However, the main problem occured after the final night. I'd booked a double room, which one might assume was for 2 people. I arrived fairly early, and later went out to dinner with my partner, after which we came back and stayed the night on our rock hard mattress. In the morning, the assumed proprietress saw my partner bringing one of my bags down as I checked the room.
After I came down, following giving my partner a little peck on the cheek, we were subject to a horrendous amount of abuse from the owners. First I was told I'd have to pay extra as 2 people stayed in the room. I was unaware that rates for single and double occupancy were different, as we usually pay for a room as opposed to the number of people. I was informed that this was 'ridiculous', and as I was under the impression I'd made a genuine mistake, I attempted to apologise. Instead of listening or even behaving in a vaguely appropriate manner, the woman instead shouted at me claiming I'd deceived her and that I had apparently done this before, which I found very confusing as it was the first time I'd stayed in a hotel in Cornwall....I'd studied there for 3 years, I lived in my own house! She then kept charging into the adjoining dining room before returning every 30 seconds to continue screaming at me. I ended up paying, as I was still under the impression I'd made a mistake, although as I said, I've not heard of hotels having separate occupancy rates. I later found out I'd paid 96 for the night, although their rate for a double room was only 80.
The final insult came when she looked at my partner, then myself, proceeded to call us 'disgusting' and demand we left. She also stated that if I were to write any negative reviews, she would sue me, at which point I told her she had no legal case at all, as she cannot prevent me from speaking about my experiences.

Ultimately, it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. Starting in an 'ok' manner, things deteriorated rapidly when I stayed in a room with my partner. I will never be staying at this hotel again and have lodged an official complaint with the council, as what this woman did as her husband watched on constitutes hate crime. I strongly advise people avoid this establishment, if not for the homophobia we experienced then for the rudeness of the owners and over priced rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
17 Thank HighComm
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Great location - very central & near beach. Comfortable, & charming. Staff could not have been more helpful.the smoked salmon & scrambled eggs at breakfast was delicious! Definitely recommended for a trip to the Falmouth area.

Room Tip: We had one with a big bay window - really bright with a view of the garden
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sheskinbeg
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

This Hotel was reccomended to me and I would like to pass it on. A very warm welcome after a long day traveling is just what you need. My room was spotless and the bed was really comfy. I did not want a breakfast and I was offered somthing to take with me, which shows how much you are valued as a guest .

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank EwanHossami
Williton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I stayed just after christmas on 27th Dec, as it was quiet on arrival i was given an upgrade , from a single to a double room , it had a balcony with a sea view and was just lovely ,nice white duvet cover and sheets on bed and pretty llittle cushions , i was told the room was yet to be upgraded but i was happy with room as it was, i look forward to my next stay to see the difference, the bed was very comfy with big soft pillows, shower was nice and big ,and room was very clean too. i was asked if i would like a coffee when i arrived, by the lovely owner Lynn, and there is a bar /lounge area where you can serve yourself to a drink and pay then or on departure. Breakfast was excellent i had the full cornish breakfast well presented ,you will see what i mean when if you choose to have one ! and very yummy too, served by the very freindly and helpful owner andy.The lerryn is right next to sea front and princess pavillon and easy walking distance to events square and town/shops down a little hill to the dell and then all on flat through town to the moor where you can get a taxi if you dont want to walk back ! Im looking forward my next stay at The Lerryn Hotel .

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank sophie4743
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night to attend a party. We arrived way to early but were still made to feel so welcome. Complimentary tea and coffee. The family were so friendly and could not have done more to make us feel at home. Smoke salmon and scrambled egg for breakfast. What more could you ask for. Thanks matt.

• Stayed December 2012