“Would Recommend 100%”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Would Recommend 100%”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I booked a one night stay for my partner and I for our Anniversary for a change from every day home life. We stayed in a top floor room which looked out across Falmouth Bay and Pendennis Castle which was a very impressive view to wake up to. The room was spotlessly clean as was the entire hotel and it had everything you'd ever need including a comfy bed. The Owners and staff were very enthusiastic to give us a comfortable stay and nothing was too much trouble for them even though the hotel was full the weekend we stayed. Breakfast menu had a wide variety of choice including a true Cornish fry-up which may I add was cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend staying at this warm and welcoming hotel which in all was a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Bucks
Reviewed 8 March 2013

A very clean, welcoming and comfortable hotel. It was centrally located and well priced. We had booked two rooms, one double, and a single for our daughter. Both were spotless. The staff were genuinely friendly and we would certainly go there again or recommend to friends.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Gloucestershire
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Lerryn and was made very welcome by the owners. The hotel has changed owners recently so please disregard the negative reviews from some years back!
Because we wanted a family room we had the large room on the ground floor with the bay window, Lyn was apologetic that this room had not yet been refurbished but there was absolutely nothing wrong with it apart from the furniture being a bit out of date. lovely bay window seat. Beds comfortable (the double was massive!) and the only thing I would ask for is a simple hook lock on the bathroom door as it is a sliding one and makes one feel rather nervous when on the toilet!
Breakfast delicious. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
cornwall
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

I have been meaning to write this review for months now but here goes!
I booked this hotel for a one night stay for me and my daughters, two nights stay for 4 couples from Ireland and a one night stay for a family of four. Poor Hannah was inundated with my emails!!! Sorry. I think I changed rooms, dates, names about ten times but not once did the hotel make me feel like a pain. Quite the opposite in fact. I needed a spacious room to get ready the next day as I was reviewing my wedding vows at Pendennis Castle. The Lerryn fit the bill perfectly for everything.
On arrival we were shown to our room, the family ground floor. Perfect. Nice and spacious and airy. My stepson and his partner and two children were staying in this very room on the next night. They had put a travel cot in for them and a large box of toys for the children. How nice and thoughtful. I was even given a lovely bottle of prosecco!!!
The hotel is warm and friendly. Lovely building, well looked after.
The bar is an honesty bar. What a lovely touch, a hotel trusting its guests impeccably to help themselves at the bar and put the money in the tankard. I did have a sneaky g&t ( in my pjs I might add) that's how at home I felt here!
Breakfast was amazing. Excellent service, produce. I would go back again for the breakfast alone. I have stayed in some very lovely hotels and The Lerryn is right up there with them on food, service and excellence.
Would I recommend to my family, yes! Would I recommend to friends, yes!!
Thank you to everyone for a wonderful stay

• Stayed November 2012
Charlestown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I booked here to meet up with a friend via Laterooms. It was easy to find in a quiet area near the beach. It's clear they're in renovation mode as some of the decor is outdated but my room was nicely finished and the bathroom was well done. A few oddities like cheap plastic cups in the bathroom didn't sit well against the nice finish but that is a very minor issue. It just seemed a little incongruous. The staff were friendly. I did not make it down to breakfast and received a reminder call about checking out time but that is fair enough. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This was the second time my husband and I had stayed at the Lerryn Hotel.

On both occasions we found the staff to be so lovely, Being a family run business nothing was too much trouble. The room was lovely with a sea view and complimentary tea and coffee and the breakfast to die for! They have a very welcoming lounge area, and as soon as we entered the hotel felt very wanted.

After reading some of the reviews on here I feel really bad that people can be so nasty. Our experiences were amazing on both occassions and we would definitely recommend this hotel and be back again soon.

• Stayed March 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I stayed at the Lerryn for the first time this week, in one of their newly refurbished rooms. The room was clean and comfortable, the welcome warm and genuine and the breakfast absolutely delicious. The location of this hotel is great and, as the new owners continue with their refurbishment work, the hotel is only going to get better. I warmly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo