“Fabulous Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Falmouth
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed at the Lerryn after booking short notice to attend a funeral. The Lerryn is fab in both the welcome from the owners, coffee or tea on arrival with a lovely room to stay in. Hotel and rooms spotless and with the hotel being owned and operated by a family it showed in service, food and cleanliness. We were greeted by Fuji a great little and I do mean little Yorkshire Terrier whose bark was definitely worth the greeting. There is also Bear who could forget him and Poppy, who is shy and not around so much. Although the dogs were around they did not cause any problem and knew not to go into the dining room being very well behaved. We had evening meals both nights we stayed and they were very very good. They have an honour system in the bar with plenty of choice. We had Room 4 which was great I had read that it was considered small but saying that it was a double shower with plenty of space in the bathroom. We would definitely go back because we really enjoyed it so much.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with sea view well worth them
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maisie35

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Crouch End MusHill London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

My stay this weekend was completely unplanned. Due to the severe weather and Great Western not being able to guarantee getting my son to Truro I was faced with the great journey to Falmouth from London again. I rang the Lerryn in a panic on Friday afternoon to see if they would have any availability knowing that this weekend is the big return to Uni and lots of parents would be taking their offspring back. Matt reassured me there was no need to panic and there would be a room ready for me even though with the weather I did not know when I'd arrive. On arriving he'd upgraded me to a double room at no extra charge but apologised as it was not one of the refurbished ones. No need for apology. The room had a spectacular view of the (rough) sea and Pendennis castle but it was lovely and cosy and immaculately clean. It was also extremely quiet - I did not hear a soul and I normally hear the grass growing. The bed was very comfy and I had a great nights sleep. Breakfast was delicious - a Cornish full breakfast and it was perfectly cooked. I loved the white pudding. Until now I had not tasted any in England that could compare with what I get back home in Ireland but this was delicious. The Lerryn is a lovely family run hotel and I honestly cannot recommend it highly enough. Excellent value for money and a credit to the family who run it. I'll be back in June (and September)...and ......

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Have stayed on more than one occasion. Lovely warm welcome, rooms decorated to a good standard, very nice breakfast and helpful staff.

Added bonus that they also allow dogs!

Will definitely be returning again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I went to visit falmouth for a week in mid december 2013 and booked a single room just 2 days before very easily online.On arriving by train I found that it was just a 5 min walk from Falmouth Town Station and on arrival I was greeted very warmly and had been upgraded to a double bed room at no extra cost. I found the whole weeks stay was just what I had hoped for,quiet with virtually no traffic around the hotel,just 1 minute walk to the seafront and 10 minutes walk to the town centre and harbour.
Extremely helpfull and caring family run hotel with everything I needed and the food was excellent with the bed more comfortable than my own at home and I think we all know how good that feels.
I really liked the informal atmosphere and the feeling of trust given to guests such as the honesty bar which makes such a pleasant change from the norm,I would recommend it to any one,it was great value and money well spent.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have travelled all over the UK and would put this hotel right at the top. Chloe and her brother made us feel at home and couldn't do enough for us, the rooms were clean and well presented and the bedding was top quality I didn't want to get out, the breakfast was fresh and very good. I would recommend the porridge with fresh cream. I will definitely be staying there when I go back in the summer.

Room Tip: Top floor has great see views.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Falmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed at The Lerryn for an extended period for work. My stay was excellent, rooms clean, tidy and nicely fitted out. Service was exceptional as were the breakfasts.

I would recommend this hotel to the rest of my family if they come and stay in the area, and that is the best recommendation I can make.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
East Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed at the Lerryn last weekend with my daughter while visiting Falmouth university. The family who own and run the hotel could not have been kinder, friendlier or more helpful, giving us a room each for the price of one. Ours were in the unrefurbished part of the hotel (the owners plan to refurbish all rooms and have made a terrific start) and whilst smallish and a little dated with a rather weedy shower were immaculately clean, warm, and very well equipped - lovely large towels! Yes there are 3 small dogs in occupation at the Lerryn and I'm not particularly a doggy person, but they are well behaved, and who could take offence at Bear! Breakfasts are top notch, the honesty bar very welcome and extremely good value. We'll be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family