“What a lovely place!”
Review of The Lerryn Hotel

The Lerryn Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The Lerryn is a lovely, homely and very welcoming place to stay in a perfect location! The owners are so friendly and make you feel right at home, nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are lovely, the honesty bar is fab and breakfast is great. The shower is fab too!
I stayed with my partner for two nights and wished it could have been longer. There is a lovely garden where you can sit out and we can't wait to return in the summer to enjoy the views. It's so close to the beech too, everything is spot on!
Thank you Lynn and Chloe for looking after us and being so kind. I will recommend your lovely place to everyone! Xx

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Lerryn Hotel

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Needed a last minute room. Warm greeting and shocked to see such a nice room. Was not expecting that. Easy parking - short hop to the sea to help get over a wedding hangover.Hotel had a lovely feel to it and definitely one to return when I go back to Falmouth.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jonathan D
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed for a job interview. Was upgraded from a single to a very comfortable refurbished double. Lyn and Chloe (and Fuji and Bear) could not have been more welcoming, providing delicious food (both supper and breakfasts), dispensing interview advice to quell my nerves, printing last minute papers for me and generally making me feel incredibly welcome. The Lerryn is in the perfect location, with short walks to both the town and the beach. I will certainly be returning and will be recommending the hotel to anyone going to Falmouth. Akin to The Wheelhouse (a wonderful seafood restaurant also in Falmouth), The Lerryn is one of those treasures that you almost want to keep a secret, but have to share. The hotel is incredible value for money, has an honesty bar, is warm, comfortable and wonderful. Initially booked in for 2 days, ended up staying for 4!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alexagapanthus
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We booked an overnight stay at the Lerryn when we were returning our daughter to Uni and could not have wished for a better night stay. We received a friendly welcome on our arrival and thought the complimentary cup of tea was a wonderful touch especially as our daughter (who was not staying with us) was also catered for. Our room was nicely decorated, clean and with a wonderful sea view. We enjoyed a comfortable nights sleep. Breakfast was fantastic, I particularly recommend the full cornish. We were especially grateful that the Lerryn were happy to let our daughter join us for breakfast for which we paid a small supplement. Such a friendly, clean hotel with a wonderful atmosphere. We would not hesitate in returning.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Klc_Travel19
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed at the Lerryn after booking short notice to attend a funeral. The Lerryn is fab in both the welcome from the owners, coffee or tea on arrival with a lovely room to stay in. Hotel and rooms spotless and with the hotel being owned and operated by a family it showed in service, food and cleanliness. We were greeted by Fuji a great little and I do mean little Yorkshire Terrier whose bark was definitely worth the greeting. There is also Bear who could forget him and Poppy, who is shy and not around so much. Although the dogs were around they did not cause any problem and knew not to go into the dining room being very well behaved. We had evening meals both nights we stayed and they were very very good. They have an honour system in the bar with plenty of choice. We had Room 4 which was great I had read that it was considered small but saying that it was a double shower with plenty of space in the bathroom. We would definitely go back because we really enjoyed it so much.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with sea view well worth them
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maisie35
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My stay this weekend was completely unplanned. Due to the severe weather and Great Western not being able to guarantee getting my son to Truro I was faced with the great journey to Falmouth from London again. I rang the Lerryn in a panic on Friday afternoon to see if they would have any availability knowing that this weekend is the big return to Uni and lots of parents would be taking their offspring back. Matt reassured me there was no need to panic and there would be a room ready for me even though with the weather I did not know when I'd arrive. On arriving he'd upgraded me to a double room at no extra charge but apologised as it was not one of the refurbished ones. No need for apology. The room had a spectacular view of the (rough) sea and Pendennis castle but it was lovely and cosy and immaculately clean. It was also extremely quiet - I did not hear a soul and I normally hear the grass growing. The bed was very comfy and I had a great nights sleep. Breakfast was delicious - a Cornish full breakfast and it was perfectly cooked. I loved the white pudding. Until now I had not tasted any in England that could compare with what I get back home in Ireland but this was delicious. The Lerryn is a lovely family run hotel and I honestly cannot recommend it highly enough. Excellent value for money and a credit to the family who run it. I'll be back in June (and September)...and ......

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Have stayed on more than one occasion. Lovely warm welcome, rooms decorated to a good standard, very nice breakfast and helpful staff.

Added bonus that they also allow dogs!

Will definitely be returning again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business