The Lerryn Hotel
Budock Vean Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
US$300
US$264
US$200
US$199
US$194
All reviewshonesty barfeta cheeseon arrivalsea viewroad parkingfamily run hotellovely little hotelfriendly hotelbreakfast was deliciousbiscuitscornish breakfastsea frontwarm welcomeminute walk to the beachroom was spaciousperfect locationtown centre
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nothing was too much trouble. The family make you very welcome and provided map of Falmouth. The dinner recommendation was excellent.
Very good value with wonderful location. Dogs are not allowed on the local beach and beach only accessable at low tide.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank thorpeness_12
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed at The Lerryn for a night prior to my sons wedding. What a wonderful place, my husband is disabled and unable to manage stairs. We were shown in via a ramped entrance which had its own key code into a lovely big room with a complete disabled access bathroom.
We were offered complimentary drinks on arrival which we had in a beautiful lounge they also have a honesty bar.
The breakfast had everything from fruit compote through to the cooked breakfast as much or little as we wanted.
Very friendly family hotel. Would not hesitate to book again.

Room Tip: We had a disabled access room on the ground floor looking out onto the garden. There are a few spaces for parking in the car park, but there are plenty of on the road parking no charge.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Avril M
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Where to begin??? With much apprehension I boarded a flight from Manchester to newquay. I was beginning my first adventure as a writer, heading to a course in Falmouth. I'd booked the Lerryn hotel after reading the brilliant reports. I'd never travelled alone before and as I made my way out of the airport there waiting for me were the owners of the hotel - Lynne and Andy oh and their gorgeous little dog. From the minute I saw them I was welcomed into the family, more like a long lost daughter than a guest at their hotel. The hotel is set about two minutes away from the sea which can be seen out of most windows. I fell in love with my room. It was oldie worldie with beautiful wooden furniture. It had a very feminine and romantic feel to it. I later found out this was the only room that is still waiting to be redecorated!! The hotel as I mentioned before, felt more like a home to me. I slept well and had a wonderfully powerful shower the next morning. The breakfast was very tasty. I chose the mushrooms on toast with feta cheese sprinkled on. I couldn't have faulted anything at all. The following morning was the same and I just wished I had the chance to stay longer. As Lynne and Andy dropped me back off at the airport, the weather on departure rather matched my mood, windy and raining. I can't wait to go back to Falmouth and stay at the Lerryn. It really was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Do not hesitate to book a holiday there!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for my birthday and had an amazing time. The hotel is run by a lovely family that made us feel at home as soon as we arrived. We had booked a sea view room and was not disappointed when we saw the room. We were surprised at how close the beach was. The room itself was beautiful, it was outstandingly clean and very spacious with a lovely en-suite. I slept like a baby!!!

The next morning, we went down into an adorable dining room and were once again welcomed by all the staff, asking us how we slept and what our plans were for the day. We were then directed to the breakfast bar where the staff had put out a large variety of cereals, fruit, yoghurt and juice. After we had sat down to eat this, we ordered a full cornish. This was an amazing treat, it tasted sooooo good and was soo fresh... i would definitely recommend their breakfasts.

Overall, this is an amazing place, run by a family that really care how your stay was.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tasha X
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were attending a wedding and chose the hotel for its location near the Princess Pavilions. It was a great find. Really friendly and attentive service, fantastic location near the beach, and comfortable beds. Breakfast was very good, and the whole place spotlessly clean.

Room Tip: Book early and discuss your room requirements with the staff. Most of the rooms have been refurbished, and these tend to these book up first. Those that have not yet been done are still good in my view - we had 15, a twin with a lovely sea view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family