The Royal Duchy Hotel
US$126
US$182
US$146
US$125
Anacapri Guest House(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$149
US$147
US$143
1,180 results
All reviewsbrend hotelsbrend groupterrace barsea viewlovely hotelpendennis castlehigh standardsea frontfalmouth bayindoor pooldinner menuwaiting staffwithout exceptionpublic roomssingle roomweekend breakfantastic views
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The welcome on arrival was warm.
Hotel very inviting, the staff friendly and helpful. The meals in the resturant were superb as was the service. Our double bedroom on the second floor overlooked the Bay. The room was spotless, tastefully decorated (as was all the Hotel). The bathroom was lovely, with soft white towels etc. and nice touches ie. cotton buds, nail emery plus the usual soaps and shampoos etc. The 'turndown service' was also unexpected but again was really nice. We have travelled to lots countries over the years staying in so many Hotels, The Royal Duchy certainly is in the top ten on our list. Thankyou all
for making our break so memorable.

3  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed 20 May 2013

...the 400 mile trip. I have not rated the fitness centre or spa as we did not use it but the boys did enjoy the snooker room well into the early hours! From the moment we (four couples) arrived, everything was spot on. The meal on the evening we arrived was excellent. We only ate at The Cove the following night as we had pre booked, otherwise we would have happily eaten there again. By the way The Cove was also brilliant! We are aware of a number of other hotels in this group but have not stayed at them. However, based on our experience at The Royal Duchy, we will be looking to visit them (Carlyon Bay and Saunton Sands) soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NobleOx60
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My friend and I spent a very relaxing day at the Spa. The staff were friendly and very helpful from the minute we arrived. Robes, slippers and towels were ready for us. The pool area had heated loungers and plenty of up to date magazines to browse when we were not in the pool or sauna room. We were served tea/coffee and plenty of iced water throughout the day. We had a two course lunch with a glass of champagne and then had our pampering treatments in the beauty box room. We didn't want to leave but feeling totally wound down and with freshly painted toe nails and glowing faces we had to. My toe nails are bright orange and every time I catch a glance of them I remember the lovely day I had. Only thing lacking was a locker for my belongings once I was undressed and the shower was not for the prudish (a door would be a bonus), but that didn't detract from my day. A big thank you to the staff on duty while I was there.

2  Thank Gill752
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My friend and I had a pamper day at the Royal Duchy Hotel and it was fabulous!
The Hotel is very tastefully decorated and has a very relaxing atmosphere and all the staff that we met were very polite and friendly.
The lunch and glass of champagne included in the Pamper Package were delicious eaten on the terrace in the sun with fantastic views of the sparkling sea, Pendennis Castle, various sailing boats and visiting cruise ship!!
The spa was excellent with a very quiet relaxing pool and sauna area and plenty of seating including heated loungers to help get rid of those aching backs!! It was nice to chill reading the magazines provided and to take our morning coffee while lounging in the toweling robes and slippers provided. The treatments were divine and the beautician was lovely and friendly and had a wonderful touch. Very tactful with conversation and knew when NOT to talk!! I would love to do this every month but will surely be doing it again sometime!

2  Thank jaxh56
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I’ve stayed at the Royal Duchy on six occasions; each time I return all the staff are as genuinely warm, friendly and helpful as ever. The whole hotel is finished to a high standard with tasteful decorations in all rooms; a particular favourite of mine is the lounge overlooking the sea and the castle on the nearby headland. The food and service remain excellent…..they do everything very well!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family