The Royal Duchy Hotel
US$126
US$182
US$125
US$316
Anacapri Guest House(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$191
Trelawne Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
US$126
US$123
Hotels.com
Budock Vean Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
US$283
US$251
Priceline
Meudon Hotel(Falmouth)
US$217
US$118
US$115
1,180 results
All reviewsbrend hotelsbrend groupterrace barsea viewlovely hotelpendennis castlehigh standardsea frontfalmouth bayindoor pooldinner menuwaiting staffwithout exceptionpublic roomssingle roomweekend breakfantastic views
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This hotel is all about location location location! Tea on the terrace over looking the sea on a hot summer's day is just a spectacular view. Prior to my visit to the Royal Duchy I had visited Falmouth before, but after this visit I have to say that I feel in love with the place.

The Royal Duchy offers traditional English Hotel setting with decent standards of services. Staff were pleasant and very efficient ensuring my stay was a pleasant one. I stay here on business, in a single room. While this was a little small, it was of a good standard. On business I tend to measure my room by a decent bed and a decent shower, and I am happy to say both were excellent. Free Wifi is always a bonus, and the evening maid visit to touch up the room didn't go unnoticed either.

Very much recommended when exploring the south west Cornwall. Will be booking my mum in here next year for her 60th.

Room Tip: Any room overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave C
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed for two nights for a sort of honeymoon break after getting married in August. We arrived there about 9pm and were expecting pure luxury. The location was excellent with most rooms having a beautiful seafront view. However, we had stayed at the St Davids Hotel in Cardiff just before, which was cheaper and was in a different class.
We had a lovely meal in the hotel restaurant on the second night. My only grouch is that we could not get any sort of meal when we arrived on the Friday night, and ended up searching Falmouth for a takeaway.
The staff were very helpful and the hotel was clean, but if you are expecting lavish luxury like we were, its not quite there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We spent three nights at the Royal Duchy Hotel and can thoroughly recommend it. The staff were friendly and efficient, the food superb and the location great. The recently refurbished Armada Suite was absolute luxury

Room Tip: The Armada Suite is superb
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank John886809
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed here from Sunday 15th September until Saturday 21st September and was impressed by the high standard of service. From the porter, through Reception, Restaurant and Bar staff everyone was extremely pleasant and efficient. The chambermaids did an excellent job each day too.

The food was beautifully presented and each dish was well cooked and tasted wonderful. One waitress in particular, Cassey, was head and shoulders above the others, no mean fete when all were so very good. The Bar staff remembered my name on the second day and also my preferred drink (they mix a very good Margarita by the way)

Next time I stay there I shall book into a Sea view room, I feel it would be worth the extra few pounds. The view from my room was across fire escapes, flat roofs and out buildings, not pleasant.

Two minor complaints: in the bathroom there was a shower curtain rather than a screen (first class MIRA shower though) and although my bed was changed during my stay it was changed for the last night rather than half way through my holiday.

Room Tip: Choose a Sea view room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank smudge0
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for several nights in June partly independently and partly as part of a Great rail journeys group. The room was spotlessly clean, comfortable and had a lovely peaceful view over the ocean. Unfortunately, it was a little over warm and the windows were fixed so that they could not be opened widely enough to admit sufficient airflow. Having said that though, I would not have any other complaints.
The staff were helpful and efficient and even organised a cab to collect us from the station on the day we arrived. We appreciated that greatly.
The food provided in the dining room was ample, delicious and served with flair. We also loved the location of the hotel - right on the ocean front yet only 10 easy minutes walk to town. Too good!

Room Tip: The Ocean view rooms are worth paying a little extra for the beautiful vista.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple