“Good food, best service and a wonderful time… every time!”

The Royal Duchy Hotel
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 24 February 2010

My family and I come back to the Royal Duchy year after year, so we wanted to say that this charming hotel has never let us down. The welcome from the staff was as warm as always, they're helpful and friendly but courteous too. Our room was, as always, clean and very comfortable and we never tire of that view. We swam and sauna'd and I was very impressed with the beauty salon where they really pampered me. Dining was always a treat, our meal on the last evening was really memorable. And Falmouth is a lovely place summer or winter, lots of history . Thank you for a lovely break.

1  Thank Sol453
Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed 22 February 2010

Just have to write in response to a previous reviewer.
Having just been told about this site by a friend, I thought I would take the opportunity to take a look at the reviews of the Royal Duchy Hotel having stayed there recently on Valentines weekend. I was amazed by a review written by somebody who stayed at the hotel on the very same weekend.
I had stayed at the Royal Duchy before and been extremely impressed, so decided to take my partner there for a romantic Valentine weekend. I had promised her a top quality hotel, friendly attentive staff, fine dining and a beautiful setting and we were not disappointed, it was superb again!
The food was of the highest standard, the staff were as efficient and friendly as ever and the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. Our room was fabulous, finished to a very high standard, very comfortable and had a gorgeous view of the sea.
The refurbishments to the cocktail bar and sun lounge that have taken place since my last visit are stunning and show Brend Hotels commitment to providing top quality places to stay in the South West.
We will definitely be staying there again and thank the staff for a very special Valentine weekend.

Reviewed 22 February 2010

We have recently come back from a stay at the Royal Duchy Hotel and we had an amazing time. We took our daughter, who has just turned one, with us. We found the staff extremely welcoming and helpful throughout our stay. Our accommodation was of an excellent standard with a breathtaking view of the sea. The food was also of an excellent standard, suitable meals were also available for our daughter which she loved, the service in the restaurant was first class I enjoyed a relaxing time in the spa facilities. We have all had a really relaxing break and can not wait to back!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2010

We've stayed at the Royal Duchy a couple of times now and would recommend it to anyone. We found a relaxed atmosphere, attentive staff, excellent food, all in a beautiful setting.

Reviewed 22 February 2010

I stayed at the duchy for valentines weekend it was lovely you could not wish for better service, superb food and comfort. The hotel itself is superbly situated and the views are fantastic. The hotel is a stones throw from Falmouth town centre and one minute from a lovely beach with lovely clean and clear water. Take a short stroll further and you will come across another small beach and a large lake with lots of lovely wildlife my children thoroughly enjoyed this.
Dont be disheartened by what others have written you need to experience the lovely hotel for yourselves. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank papasue
Reviewed 22 February 2010

What a lovely hotel! From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel very special. Our room was lovely, with a great view, and the food was delicious. Restaurant staff were excellent.
We didnt really leave the hotel all weekend as we wanted a relaxing getaway, and that is certainly what we got!
Overall, this is a classy hotel with friendly staff and wonderful food - We can't recommend it enough!

Reviewed 15 February 2010

We went to the Royal Duchy for Valentines weekend, it was our fifth trip and we were looking forward to meeting our old regular friends.
Previously we have had very good accomodation and food but this time we were not met at reception, had to take our own cases to the room (I have had a broken hip and replacement in the last 5 months) and had what must have been a converted single room.
I had phoned previously to inform the Hotel I was allergic to pepper and as I suffered from renauds disease (I feel the cold severly) could I have a table near the radiator .
When I arrived I had neither a suitable table nor had the chef been told I had dietary requests.
The first night although we paid £70 a head , I had nothing suitable to eat and it was no better on Valentines night.
The entertainment on Valentines night finished at 10pm instead of the usual 12 pm leaving most guests quite amazed on this special occasion especially as it was advertised as Valentines weekend.
I spoke to some other guests who also agreed that the hotel is nowhere near as good as it was and should not now be 4 star.
At least 12 of us are despite being regulars no longer going to book here.
We all feel very cheated.
Come on Royal Duchy wake up or you will lose all of your regulars, you have already lost 12.

Stayed: February 2010
4  Thank Doreen B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Greenbank Hotel
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to The Royal Duchy Hotel? Share your experiences!