The Royal Duchy Hotel
Excellent 5/5
Madeira Hotel(Falmouth)
The Grove Hotel(Falmouth)
1,180 results
All reviewsbrend hotelsbrend groupterrace barsea viewlovely hotelpendennis castlehigh standardsea frontfalmouth bayindoor pooldinner menuwaiting staffwithout exceptionpublic roomssingle roomweekend breakfantastic views
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We have just returned from yet another fantastic weekend break at the Royal Duchy. We had an excellent room with breath taking views of the sea. Hotel staff very freindly and extreamly helpful. Dinner with the restaurant was excellent. Worth every penny! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Very helpful and friendly staff but otherwise old fashioned pile with little going for it. Not especially convenient location. Old fashioned decor and smelly carpets. No free wi fi. Uninteresting greasy breakfast. If you can afford these prices then find somewhere nicer to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I travelled to this hotel with my father on business and I was not satisfied with what I thought was going to be a magnificient hotel with a luxury spa etc... The service was second to none and I cannot complain about that but we went up to our room with an old lock key on the door - very poor security. We then dined in the restaurant, what a joke! My father returned from his meeting and thought he would splash out on "fine dining" - well it was the most revolting meal ever, with disgusting and extrodinary food I will not be returning to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank sam-walters
Reviewed 3 July 2010

On the first night we booked our evening meal for 8.00pm. Our order was taken at 7.45pm – we then waited, and waited, our starter eventually arrived at 9.35pm! our main course at 10.05pm and our desert at 10.35pm. It was gone 11.00pm before we left the restaurant!

On entering the lounge following the meal it was obvious that the other diners had had the same experience. We spoke to the restaurant manager who stated that such delays were normal for the fine-dining menu.

This is a lovely building in a stunning location with friendly and helpful front of house staff but the dining arrangements need urgent attention since none of the guests we spoke to would consider a Brend Hotel again.

On returning home we wrote to the Director of Brend Hotels (politely) and received a very condescending and dismissive reply which included the statement “this may not be the hotel for you”. Well he is certainly right about that.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank telshirlSouthend
Reviewed 26 June 2010

I spent just two nights at this hotel on my own and it is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. I parked easily adn booked in. The room was really nicely decorated, spacious and spotless. There were lots of lovely little touches - returning from my evening meal to find the bed had been turned down and a little choclate placed on the pillow. Although I was on my own I never felt awkard, the staff were lovely and very attentive. The food was wonderful and there was plenty of it. The views were stunning and it was really good to sit out on the terrace late afternoon with a pot of tea. On both days I walked in Falmouth centre about 7 mins away. The harbour was lovely and I took advantage of a boat trip over to St Mawes. I came away really looking forward to going back again soon.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo