“Lovely spot on the harbor”

The Greenbank Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Spent three nights here, using it as a base for exploring Cornwall. Rooms are large and comfy, breakfast was generous with dining overlooking the harbor. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Francoise

Reviewed 25 July 2011

I spent 4 nights here on business in Falmouth docks. Very comfortable hotel, attentive and helpful staff and a good atmosphere. I ate out every evening with colleagues so did not sample the restaurant other than for breakfast which was good. My room was clean and comfortable with the expected free toiletries and tea/coffee making facilities with biscuits. I will be using this hotel again on my next visit to Falmouth.

Room Tip: I would recommend sea facing second floor rooms for the very best view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ozztraveler
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Staff great very polite and helpful throughout our stay .
Breakfasts excellant food freshly cooked and staff very efficient
As a seasoned traveller use to staying in hotels around the country and my biggest disappointment was that we had a room with a balconey overlooking the harbour , great views shame the balconeys are just big enough to get a couple of chairs on sideways and a large number of cigarrette butts scattered around .
Room a great size well decorated and comfortable however when paying £235 per night I would not expect to see beige carpets with a number of stains which made the carpet look grubby and cracked tiles in the bathroom .

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank crunch2308
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We stayed for one night only but had two rooms, both of which were spacious and clean, well furnished, and were waterfront rooms. Bathroom in our room was very small. The restaurant food was very good, and service was excellent generally in the hotel. Rooms were quiet, clean, and comfortable, although the pillows were a bit lumpy. I would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

My partner and I treated ourselves to a night at the this hotel last month, and I can't commend it highly enough. We ate a three-course meal in the restaurant first, which has stunning views over the harbour. The service was relaxed, friendly and very attentive and the food was amazing. Our room was a harbourside one and the view was lovely - we didn't want to close the curtains to go to sleep!
I think that some of the things that impressed me the most about the place were the little touches - such as there being real ground coffee in the room (with a lovely little cafetiere) instead of the usual sachets of instant you find in most hotels, and the super-luxurious bedding and pillows. The paper we'd requested was outside our door first thing in the morning and the breakfast was as good as it gets - lots of choice, and the full English was worth the stay in itself!
The hotel is a nice stroll from Falmouth town centre so if you're paying a visit to the area I would definitely recommend you stay there - and if you're not looking for accommodation then it would even be worth walking there just for lunch (the lunch menu looked pretty good). I honestly don't have a negative thing to say about our stay. We will definitely be going back, and soon.

Room Tip: The harbour-side views have a gorgeous view.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lexy76
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Booked a room with a view of the harbour. worth paying extra for as you can sit and watch the boats go by from your bay window. The staff were excellent from the moment we arrived until we left. The food was great,but watch the wine price's as they are on the steep side.
Free car parking and only a short walk into Falmouth.
We had a family party at the hotel and it was arranged in a private room away from other guests, the buffet was the best I have ever seen.
I have eaten before in this hotel,so know their standards,but staying their was even better.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank bellgriffin
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Clean, comfortable and good food with fabulous views over the harbour. The staff were excellent, attentive without being intrusive, very friendly. If we had a criticism it would be that the lighting in our bedroom was not very conducive to reading in bed (something we like to do) but really would not like that to be detrimental to our review. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank allanrobson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Oceanic Hotel
The Alverton
#2 of 4 in Truro
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa

Been to The Greenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!