“The Perfect Setting For Our Wedding”

The Greenbank Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Gloucestershire
“The Perfect Setting For Our Wedding”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We held our wedding at the Greenbank Hotel on the 30th June 2012 - and were so glad we did.

The wedding planner was fantastic from the moment we visit went to view the venue to the moment we left following the wedding to go on our honeymoon.

Nothing was too much trouble and I don't think they said 'no' to a single request. We were very lucky that the sun shone on the day so all of our guests could make full use of the hotel and it's grounds.

The food was incredible and plentiful and the staff were brilliant at keeping everyone's drinks topped up.

We stayed in room 101 which is the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in and definitely worth spending the extra money.

Both my husband and I were made to feel very special, not just on the day itself, but for the whole weekend. We felt very looked after.

All I can say is if you are considering choosing this as the venue for your wedding (our just staying for a night) don't hesitate, it's fantastic!!

We'd like to personally thank Zara, Paul & Matt and the rest of the team for being so accommodating, approachable and friendly and making it the best day of our lives!

Karl & Anna Seagrave

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Paul G, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Hi Anna and Karl, we all remember your wedding well and I am delighted to read such wonderful comments. It really does motivate the team to get such a response, you will always be welcome at The Greenbank and hope that you will visit again when you are able. We wish you a long and happy marriage together.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Just returned from a 4 night break at the Greenbank, we booked an executive room which was on the roadside, as soon as we saw the harbour view rooms we upgraded & decided to stay an extra night, the staff were very helpful and friendly from reception to the maids. Absolutely fantastic hotel in a great location with amazing views! We ate in the restaurant & the food was delicious & top quality! Bar was very nice & would recommend the cocktails! This is a traditional hotel In Cornwall so yes a few of the furnishings are slightly dated however the hotel & rooms are very clean & comfortable. Only 1 thing missing - a gym. Overall very pleased with the hotel & staff! Will definately be returning!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Your review has been well-received by the team here, we are delighted to receive such high praise. You will be most welcome when you return.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The hotel staff were very helpfull & nice nothing was to much troulble 10 out of 10,
Room was tarted up beds & chairs need re placing very shabby not 4 star more 3 star,
The sea veiws were breath taking would give the hotel 6 out of 10,

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to review, your comments on areas that need attention are noted and we will continue to replace and upgrade where necessary to provide the high standards of comfort levels that our guests expect.
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stayed at the Greenbank this wek whilst bon a business trip. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The views acros to Flushing were amazing and although my room was onto the road on the other side of the hotel it was comfortable if not a little humid. Could not open the window as it was at ground level. Something you should consider when staying there. Close to the town and near the Boat House which is an excellent place for real ales and great seafood. No fitness facilities which was a shame

Room Tip: Ask for a room over the river, avoid ground floor as you cannot open the window and with no air con...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments, all of which are well-founded. It's nice to hear positives regarding our staff, and I don't mind a kind word about our neighbours at The Boathouse either. We hope to welcome you again.
toronto, canada
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I found this hotel to be very disappointing. whilst it is well appointed and with a comfortable bar; beyond that it is very dated and untidy and somewhat dreary. I appreciate my opinion differs from (published) others but I do believe this hotel needs some serious cosmetics performed. The interior is like a rabbit warren. The rooms are dreary, at least mine overlooking the main road (ugh). the batroom ensuite had no bath, a tiny corner DIY shower cubicle, no bath :( and moreover no window or ventilation. Reminiscent of Fawlty towers. Helpful and polite staff, working in, I suspect, a suboptimal environment. Cannot recommend under any circumstances, sorry.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank traveller127
Paul G, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
I am extremely disappointed to read your review. Whilst I am aware of where some cosmetic attention is needed, I am not sure whether the title of your review is entirely fair. However, your comments are accepted and feedback in any form is important to me. We are trying hard to improve the quality of the surroundings that will make any visit special and indeed comfortable. I apologise to you that this was not the case when you visited.
Devon
Reviewed 11 July 2012

When my husband phoned to book an executive room for the week-end he was advised that a classic room [less expensive] would suit us better.It would be quieter as there would be a wedding party taking place near the executive rooms.We were impressed by the honesty and consideration shown.
Firstly the [few] minus points :- The room [301] does need some attention, heavily stained fabric on chair upholstery and chipped paintwork in places. The bath wasn't as clean as it could have been and I would think that at £195 a night, some bottled water and flavoured teas could have been provided.
However the pluses far outweigh the minuses! The view from the room is spectacular,the bed was comfortable and the bed linen and towels were spotless.
We ate in the hotel on both evenings and the food was of top restaurant quality, each course was beautifully cooked, presented and delicious.
Management should be commended for the staff they employ, every member, without exception, was friendly,helpful and courteous.
We visit Cornwall often but this was our first stay in Falmouth at the Greenbank Hotel We look forward to returning.

1 Thank ExmoorAnnie
I enjoy reading such balanced reviews, as it is so beneficial to me in my continual objective to improve. The minus points you have raised have already been given attention. Your closing comments delighted me, I hope that you will consider The Greenbank again when visiting Cornwall and that you will enjoy that experience even more.
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I have recently been blown away at this hotel. It was my birthday and my boyfriend surprised me with a night in room 101. This is the most wonderful room i have ever been too. The views from the balcony were breathtaking over Falmouth harbour. The room I have gushed about to everyone but it was so much fun. A massive bath in the bedroom overlooking the sea. Wow. The staff too were really sweet and there was champagne waiting for our arrival and breakfast in our room the following morning a great idea. We also had supper in the hotel restaurant delicious ! I feel like I was properly spoilt thank you.

• Stayed June 2012
What a wonderful response! I am so pleased that our Master Suite had the 'wow' factor you had hoped for and thank you for posting your photo's; I can tell that you had a really good time with us. I hope you will have the chance to visit again very soon. Praise also to your boyfriend, I am pleased he communicated with us beforehand to make your stay that little bit more memorable and enjoyable.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Oceanic Hotel
The Falmouth Hotel
#9 of 24 in Falmouth
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,074 reviews
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to The Greenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!